Find
Notify
Tools

Sightron Scopes
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Ivan
posted
What can you guys tell me how the Sightron II Scopes? Do they compare to a Weaver Grands Slam and a Leupold VX2? Are the Sightrons as good of a scope as these, and how is the companies warranty record? Good or bad experiences welcome. Oh, and it will be mounted on a 8mm Rem. Mag., but they should all hold up to that little bit of abuse.

Thanks in advance

Ivan

Posts: 576 | Location: The Green Fields | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have two of them and think they're great. I also own the other brand scopes you list. I think the Grand Slam is a little clearer, but the Sightron is close to the others. The warranty is across the counter. If you have a problem, the dealer gives you a new scope and sends the other back. I have one on a 7x57 and the other on a 30-06. No problems so far.

Bob257

Posts: 434 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
<9.3x62>
posted
I have an SII 2.5-8x on my 6.5x57. Clear imagine, edge to edge, nice glass, holds zero, and is repeateable. I haven't had it long, but I can't complain so far - shot some very tight groups with it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I just topped a Sako L579 in .243 with a SII in 2.5-10 (compact) and have been very impressed. The optics are very good...easily as good as any Leupold Vari-X II I've owned. But not as good as any of my Vari-X III's or my Kahles and Zeiss scopes. But certainly acceptable and it only set me back $239!!!

I took it out and shot about 80 rounds through the rifle last weekend. It held its zero and after I found a decent load I shot the corners with the scope and it adjusted and returned just as its supposed to. FWIW, Remington premier ammo loaded with Swift Scirrocos shot very nice 3/4" groups... Slightly better than my handloads which weren't bad but with the right powder/bullet combination should be stellar in this rifle. You have to work real hard to shoot groups bigger than 1.25" with the Sako.
Whether it endures the pounding of my massive .243 remains to be seen. [Big Grin] The click stops on the adjustment knobs were a little less positive than one would expect but they work fine...you just have to pay a little closer attention when you make an adjustment...

Posts: 457 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 25 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
While I agree that the lenses used by Sightron are very good, I'm afraid their internal construction isn't all that great.

I've had to send two SI 3-9X40 scopes because they wold wander badly after minor bumps. When I say minor, I mean one hard rifle case falls off another case to the bed of the pickup with rifle inside minor.

I have a brand new SI in the box for sale. First $120 takes it.

Posts: 2206 | Location: USA | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote