Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR Member "OVIS" Hunting Heritage
 Login/Join

posted
From OVIS: Random photos (1907-1965) of family and friends back home in North Carolina.

A Family's Hunting Heritage

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great! Recently I have been going through old photos(slides), it is amazing how frequently I photographed scenery and omitted family and friends. I do not have a single photo of my Dad with his bird dog, or of us hunting (and those are the lasting memories I have of him). You young guys should do better and make sure your camera is with you to record the memories, people and activities.

Posts: 121 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello Nick,

I'm glad that you enjoyed the photos. The folks in the pics are mostly my wife's folks and friends that were hunters all of their lives. I was fortunate to get to know some of them before they passed away and a couple are still with us. I was fortunate to spend some time with them last Spring and hear some of the old stories; they also IDed some of the folks in the pics we didn't know. No one in my family hunted but me..........I started with a friend as a child and had to keep it from my folks, who were vehemently against it. All of the pressure to stop just fueled the fire along with an insatiable appetite to be out there. Nowadays, I call Alaska home and it is certainly "the Great Land". I can't imagine not being here and my extended visit to the East coast last Spring was a reminder as to why I live here.

Life is good............thank you Nick

Joe

Posts: 369 | Location: Homer, Alaska | Registered: 04 February 2004Reply With Quote