Summit Treestand recall
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted
I don't know much about this but found this on a local forum

If you know anyone who has one of these, maybee give them a warning

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/pr.../prhtml10/10126.html

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Ted, Are they made by Sako or Toyota??? rotflmo

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just a few years ago they had to recall some safety harnesses. After I had received my replacement, I contacted them to beef about my safety and their choice of some Chinese sweat shop to make them. I was kindly informed that it was the nature of the market that forced the outsourcing of them. I sincerely replied that it was the force of MY market to avoid Summit entirely.

http://www.lonewolfstands.com/

I have decided that I will no longer put my life and limb out on a best price bid.

Posts: 289 | Location: Western UP of Michigan  | Registered: 05 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hot Core:
Hey Ted, Are they made by Sako or Toyota??? rotflmo

I don't know who makes them but I think just about everything in the hunting sports market is made in China these days.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I really have almost no complaints about the China made things I have. Kind of reminds me of when the old Plantations switched from local Labor to primarily Mexican Labor. You had to be VERY specific about how you wanted something done, because that is EXACTLY the way they did it.

I bought a $1 folding knife from Pakistan back around `72 because it had a 440 Stainless blade. Got some grief from a guy I was working with and told him I'd bet the cost of the knife I could get it to shave hair(BIG Bet Big Grin). The next day it shaved his arm clean.

Fast forward to last year and spotted another folder at the local Wal-Mart for 92cents that was China made. Thought back about how rugged the old Pakistan knife had been and decided to give this one a try. Sharpened it and it was OK, but not like the Pakistan steel. However, I put a "single drop" of oil on the hinge area/pin and let it set over night. The next morning when I moved the Blade, I heard a CRACK. It seems some brilliant knife designer had cost-reduced the Hinge Pin to Plastic from Steel. And the oil partially melted the plastic, then dried which Glued the Blade inplace - until I moved it. rotflmo

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote