THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    New Mexico draw results are supposed to be today. Maybe?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Mexico draw results are supposed to be today. Maybe?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
I keep refreshing, but as we get closer to 5:00 pm in the afternoon I am thinking it will not happen for until next week.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm hearing next Wednesday now?

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have heard they are always on Wednesday.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They close for the day in 7 minutes. I am guessing not today.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What are you guys looking at? Everything I see says results available on Wednesday April 29.

Posts: 766 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
www.gohunt.com was claiming today.

Was on some facebook forums and they said the same thing.

Aaron is probably right about Wednesday next week.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by squeezenhope:
What are you guys looking at? Everything I see says results available on Wednesday April 29.

That's true...but NM always posts early!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know, these are not normal times. Not sure who in NMG&F is working and from where or how automated the process is. But look at it this way, it probably won't matter.

Posts: 766 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are mostly teleworking.

I had some work business with them, the BLM and Forest Service over the past few weeks.

Hard folks to get a hold of these days.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by squeezenhope:
I don't know, these are not normal times. Not sure who in NMG&F is working and from where or how automated the process is. But look at it this way, it probably won't matter.

Especially as a non-resident...I'm not holding my breath! Smiler

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I only put in for antlerless elk. It's not exactly weighing on me just now.
Hope y'all are staying safe, Seth.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16653 | Location: Las Cruces, NM | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I put in for all species.

Drew the Valles Vidal bear tag, and I am going to try and get up there in a couple of weeks before it closes.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I known valle vidal is a good spot for elk, is it also a good spot for bear hunting?

Posts: 521 | Registered: 30 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
just hope the rumors of closing off to non residents is not true if I do draw a tag.

Posts: 578 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steel:
I known valle vidal is a good spot for elk, is it also a good spot for bear hunting?

IF! The elk are calving early enough to be during the season it is the best bear area in the lower 48.

If not, then it is devoid of bears.

Might go next weekend.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just moved to New Mexico recently and took a drive through the valley and it was quite beautiful. In a quick drive through we saw 12 elk, 4 desert big horn sheep, a big Tom turkey dancing for 4 females, what looked like a golden eagle, a heard of bison, and at the end we saw mule deer and a bunch of antelope. Real special place, did not see any bears or lions though.

Posts: 521 | Registered: 30 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of robncolorado
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcap:
just hope the rumors of closing off to non residents is not true if I do draw a tag.

Its a hoax! Check out NMGF post on their website

http://www.wildlife.state.nm.us/hunting/hunting-news/

Posts: 564 | Location: Durango, CO | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

That would be financial suicide...

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
Always thought that was a very nice area of NM

Posts: 19615 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
quote:

That would be financial suicide...

That is what I thought also but I have seen stupid stuff do by people who could care less about hunting and there gov fits that. I hope to be chasing bugles in sept

Posts: 578 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone draw?
I drew my 1st choice - archery elk tag! dancing

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Well, the family pulled a few, but overall not that great this year. The wife and middle kid both got skunked. The youngest made out pretty good, pulling two of her three tags - pronghorn and deer. The eldest got the same deer tag, plus drew a Barbary sheep tag with me. Everything else was blood red - lots of it this year.

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I drew the October elk rifle 16C and Javelina on McGregor (they only gave 5 tags).

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to all.

BWW: Which one do you want more the elk or the javelina?

Posts: 12256 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Blanked again this year. Let's see if another state shows some love.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Congratulations to all.

BWW: Which one do you want more the elk or the javelina?

I can hunt Javelina 20 miles from my house and have them in my yard.

The Gila is a true wilderness elk hunt, and I drew a wilderness unit. I am pretty excited about it.

Going to be outfitted as I don't have horses.

One of Us
Picture of robncolorado
posted Hide Post
Wife and I= no success nor my 13 YO nephew who we put in for a youth hunt!

See ya next year!

One of Us
Picture of robncolorado
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone draw?

one of the 16's???

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A big "Un" for me and my son

Posts: 2663 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robncolorado:
quote:
Anyone draw?

one of the 16's???

No sir!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Congrats to those who drew! I blanked on elk this year. Time to think about an axis cull hunt in Texas.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16653 | Location: Las Cruces, NM | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
Congrats to those who drew! I blanked on elk this year. Time to think about an axis cull hunt in Texas.

OTC Barbary in your back yard. Smiler

The kids and I might head over to a buddy's place in TX for whitetail doe or pig, just to liven things up a little and put something in the freezer.

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I might go shoot some does in Texas as well.

Still have draws in Arizona, Wyoming, California, Texas and Oklahoma.

The draws in the last three are like buying lottery tickets, you know you won't win but are addicted to the thrill.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
Still have draws in Arizona, Wyoming, California, Texas and Oklahoma.

The draws in the last three are like buying lottery tickets, you know you won't win but are addicted to the thrill.

Man, isn't that the truth! Frankly I enjoy the anticipation of it all...its sorta like gambling. You walk in with a pocket full of money, and high hopes...you generally walk out empty-handed and depressed!rotflmo

I've still got AZ, WY, CO, NV, MT, UT, ID, OR, WA, SD, IA, KY, ME, OK, and PA to go.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
Picture of RAR60
posted Hide Post
I didn't draw but I have been able to back it up with a landowner tag for several years now. I have drawn 2 of 6 yrs. Drawing the tag is more palatable.

Zim 2006
Zim 2007
Namibia 2013
Brown Bear Togiak Nat'l Refuge Sep 2010
Argentina 2019
RSA 2023
Tanzania 2024
SCI Life Member
USMC