New
Find
Notify
Tools

165 gr. interbond for blackbear???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My friend is heading up to Newfoundland in June in pursuit of black bear. It is a spot and stalk hunt where shot ranges could be 50-300 yards. He has chosen to take his 300 WSM loaded with 165 interbonds. Do you guys feel this is enough bullet? Should he choose a heavier one or a different bullet altogether. Thanks

-John

Posts: 121 | Location: Central VA | Registered: 13 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Plenty.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It will do just fine.

Posts: 372 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 13 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of todbartell
posted Hide Post
yeah I agree, go kill some bears, 165 gr. Interbond is lots

Posts: 857 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: 03 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
tod, what happened to your Bertuzzi clip ?

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of todbartell
posted Hide Post
Quote:

tod, what happened to your Bertuzzi clip ?

It's still there, but sometimes it comes up as a red-X

GOod ol Bert

Posts: 857 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: 03 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
LOL

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted Hide Post
yeah, it is fine...

Bertuzzi still rocks!

Posts: 3082 | Location: Pemberton BC Canada | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
He's gonna HAVE TO rock with Cloutier mindin' the net!

Posts: 113 | Location: B.C., Canada | Registered: 18 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of todbartell
posted Hide Post
Ok I took off the pic, Bert's done for the year...

Anyways, HIJACK HIJACK

Interbond 165 gr., might be the load I use this fall for black bears in my 30-06

one of us
posted Hide Post
Man, Bertuzzi sure screwed up didn't he! I can't believe the guys calling for a 2 year or rest of career suspension and criminal charges!! Thing is if the guy didn't have a fractured neck we wouldn't be talking about this! Oh well. Full recovery for the kid Moore. Canuks in '05!

If I were ever to hunt black bears I think I would use 165gr. something or other too. Pity I've never shot anything with a rifle but varmints and predators though.

Matt

Posts: 46 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 13 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Bert screwed up big time. Took a coward's shot and hurt a guy............and it cost.