THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Mountain Home check station. PICTURES!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mountain Home check station. PICTURES!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I worked the check station this weekend. I thought you boys would like to see some pictures.
This picture is of a girls first deer. It had a monster body on this 3 point.

This was the biggest buck of the weekend.

How about a moose in a subaru!

This was a boys first buck.

a couple of nice deer.

A lot of baby bears are loosing their moms!

Another boys first buck.

This was a happy lady.

Did anyone here come through the station? Ron

Posts: 985 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
I just love seeing those kids with their first game animals. Thanks a bunch for posting. Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"Did anyone here come through the station?"

I'll be hunting Sawtooth/34 on Oct. 15, for bull elk.

Thanks. L.W.

Posts: 253 | Location: S.W. Idaho | Registered: 30 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I love to see the kids with their first trophy. There are a couple there that I would have liked to have seen on the hoof. We were hunting west of Idaho City and failed to "catch our deer".

Posts: 273 | Location: West Central Idaho | Registered: 15 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Papershredder
posted Hide Post
The moose in the Sub is hillarious!!LMAO

Posts: 157 | Location: Alberta,Canada | Registered: 25 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great photos, thanks for sharing. Our G&F had to close two check stations due to budget restraints, not good I think. Maybe we should get some qualified volunteers???? I would do it but they wouldn't let me shoot the violators!!!

A moose in a Subaru! I love it!

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The story with the two ladies is funny. The lady with the elk came from Eastern Idaho on a rifle hunt. I walked up and told her I would need to saw off the royal points. Her jaw dropped! I told her that we would age the elk by counting the growth rings in the antler. By this time the other F&G guys were busting up laughing. Then I started to laugh and I got a punch in the arm by the lady!
The lady with the moose was just as good. I walked up to check her and told her she was in violation. There is a Idaho code that does not allow a woman to transport a moose in a subaru! I almost got another punch for that.
This was my 5th year doing check stations. It is a lot of fun. BTW I can't give out unit locations sorry. Ron

Posts: 985 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote