THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Please Join or Renew your NRA Membership

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please Join or Renew your NRA Membership
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
There was no convention this year to serve as a fundraise, and most of the fundraising is going to have to be through people joining.

Please do what you can.

Steve Hornady posted a video on their Facebook and YouTube channels asking for help.

Just send some money, who else is in?

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
There was no convention this year to serve as a fundraise, and most of the fundraising is going to have to be through people joining.

Please do what you can.

Steve Hornady posted a video on their Facebook and YouTube channels asking for help.

Just send some money, who else is in?

tu2 I have been a Life member since the "1970's"

Posts: 2357 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cajun1956
posted Hide Post
I am a life member and pay my 85 year old widowed mother's yearly NRA dues on her behalf.

I wish more hunters would join the NRA.

DSC Life Member
HSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
SCI
RMEF

Posts: 2021 | Location: Republic of Texico | Registered: 20 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They laid off a bunch of people and gave pay cuts to those that remained.

Posts: 12022 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Life Member already, and donate a bit periodically

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4885 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The biggest boost for contributions to the NRA would come when they let Wayne go.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.

Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

Posts: 697 | Location: Dublin, Georgia | Registered: 19 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Agree with Boliep. One of the best signs of a great leader is knowing when to pass the baton.

Never follow a bad move with a stupid move.

Posts: 217 | Location: Clute, TX USA | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Life Member already, and donate a bit periodically

This

Posts: 2330 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Lots of Conservation Organizations are struggling.

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
It is hard to financially support all of them.

But I reckon that the NRA is kind of mandatory.

With the corruption in most of the organizations at high levels well noted, it is hard to want to support them.

Additionally I feel as they don't always represent what I stand for. Boone and Crockett and Back Country Hunters and Anglers are both this way, they both want access to private lands through litigation or getting laws passed to make access on public lands easier. Wild Sheep has been a thorn in the side of ranchers, as putting more sheep on the mountain has meant that they have put pressure on federal agencies and local governments to restrict livestock to more areas to protect sheep that most sportsmen will never hunt. As much as I want to draw a sheep tag, and as I get older I see my opportunity for those tags greatly diminishing.

So I kind of have to ask, what is in it for me?

It is hard to know what non-profit wildlife agencies a guy should support, when he doesn't agree with all the politics involved in what they are doing.

Growing up in a ranching family, and having those in my family effected by these same non profits makes the decision harder.

I feel as though the 3 Safari Club's are probably worth the coin. IN that same note, I think the RMEF has done a lot to buy land that helps all sportsmen with access, instead of trying to punish land owners.

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
https://www.deseret.com/indept...atest-headlines-live

Here's a short blurb about the NRA firing/laying people off, with the rest, including LaPierre, to take a pay cut.

I'm a Benefactor Member, so the NRA has received as much money as I can give them at this time.

One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
Life Endowment member. Have been for a long time and give additional throughout the year. I recently reached out to them for assistance on the ITA/EEI/4457 issue when traveling with firearms. The answer I received was appalling. Heck, Joe Biden could have given a better answer. The person who answered my (based on his answer) knew little to nothing about firearms or hunting and even less about traveling with firearms.

This evening I received a call from a telemarketer contracted by the NRA wanting money. I asked a few questions and she knew less about the NRA mission than I do about covid -19 molecular structure and cures. The NRA is becoming its own worse enemy. But they are the only game in town which makes this even sadder. They need a leadership shakeup.

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SFRanger7GP:
Life Endowment member. Have been for a long time and give additional throughout the year. I recently reached out to them for assistance on the ITA/EEI/4457 issue when traveling with firearms. The answer I received was appalling. Heck, Joe Biden could have given a better answer. The person who answered me (based on his answer) knew little to nothing about firearms or hunting and even less about traveling with firearms.

This evening I received a call from a telemarketer contracted by the NRA wanting money. I asked a few questions and she knew less about the NRA mission than I do about covid -19 molecular structure and cures. The NRA is becoming its own worse enemy. But they are the only game in town which makes this even sadder. They need a leadership shakeup.

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
Adding to this, why can’t they recruit more gun owners?? Have they ever reached out to non-member gun owners and asked why? When I had my FFL and did gunsmithing, I would not do any business with non-NRA members. However, I offered a discount (the amount of the NRA dues) if they would sign up then and there. How any chest thumping pro-gun businesses do this or something similar? Only Midway comes to mind.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
It is hard to financially support all of them.

But I reckon that the NRA is kind of mandatory.

With the corruption in most of the organizations at high levels well noted, it is hard to want to support them.

Additionally I feel as they don't always represent what I stand for. Boone and Crockett and Back Country Hunters and Anglers are both this way, they both want access to private lands through litigation or getting laws passed to make access on public lands easier. Wild Sheep has been a thorn in the side of ranchers, as putting more sheep on the mountain has meant that they have put pressure on federal agencies and local governments to restrict livestock to more areas to protect sheep that most sportsmen will never hunt. As much as I want to draw a sheep tag, and as I get older I see my opportunity for those tags greatly diminishing.

So I kind of have to ask, what is in it for me?

It is hard to know what non-profit wildlife agencies a guy should support, when he doesn't agree with all the politics involved in what they are doing.

Growing up in a ranching family, and having those in my family effected by these same non profits makes the decision harder.

I feel as though the 3 Safari Club's are probably worth the coin. IN that same note, I think the RMEF has done a lot to buy land that helps all sportsmen with access, instead of trying to punish land owners.

Lot of good points!

Hands down however, the very worst by a margin of 10 fold is Back Country Hunters & Anglers. They should be avoided like the plague...I've done a lot of research on Tawney and his comrades, its frightening. That's why they are largely targeting the 18 - 35 crowd with beer and brats at the hippest local brew house...inexperienced and gullible are always the easiest to control.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4885 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am a life member but will not give a penny as long as WLP remains. His 20% pay cut is a fucking joke that amounts to not getting this years suits paid for.
He has the board stacked with limp dicks of his choosing whom do not have the back bone to tell him to get the fuck out.
I have always donated heavily most years depending on the markets near $100 K but stopped a few years ago nor will I give until I see a new president some new bpard members and a new direction.
I donate to GOA now.

Posts: 736 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote