THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Man kills deer in home with his bare hands

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Man kills deer in home with his bare hands
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Man kills deer in home with his bare hands

November 3, 2005

BENTONVILLE, Ark. -- For 40 exhausting minutes, Wayne Goldsberry battled a buck with his bare hands in his daughter's bedroom.

Goldsberry finally subdued the five-point whitetail deer that crashed through a bedroom window at his daughter's home Friday. When it was over, blood splattered the walls, and the deer lay dead on the bedroom floor, its neck broken.

Goldsberry was at his daughter's home when he heard glass breaking, then found the deer.

'The deer ran down the hall and into the master bedroom -- ''jumping back and forth across the bed,'' he said.

Goldsberry, about 6-feet-1 and 200 pounds, entered the bedroom to confront the deer and, after a brief struggle, told his wife to call police. After returning to the bedroom, the fight continued. Goldsberry finally was able to grip the animal and twist its neck, killing it.

Goldsberry then dragged the dead animal out of the house.

''He got kicked several times. He was walking bowlegged for a while,'' Deputy Doug Gay said.

Goldsberry had the deer butchered.

''He's in the freezer,'' he said.

AP

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9500 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just another reason to ALWAYS have a nice Revolver loaded with Bambi Blasters with you all the time.

Sounds like it would have made an interesting video though.

Darn shame he didn't have some PETA folks nearby that he could have tossed in there with the Deer to "help it out of the house". Big Grin

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What Hot Core said. Smoker1

The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.
--Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 868 | Location: NYS | Registered: 25 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
I think I would prefer a nice big knife like the trail master that Cold Steel sells. If you can kill a hog with a knife then why not a deer especially if it breaks into your home.

A little bit off the deer in your house subject but when my cousin was young he always thought it would be cool to jump out of a tree on a buck with a big knife. I told him that I didn’t think it was a good idea and the buck might literally kick the crap out of him. My cousin was a football player at the time and he thought he could handle it.

Swede

---------------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote