New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deer corn
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was at Cabelas in Glendale AZ this morning, they had deer corn on sale for $6.99.
When they rang it up the price was $5.99, the cashier said sometimes there is a quantity discount they don't know about.
I got 15 bags for my trip to TX next month

Mark

Posts: 1236 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
The COOP finally got some new crop in must be new crop because it is now cheaper than Academy and Wally World.

NOTHING will eat it it just lies there where I feed.
Birds, Squirrels and deer totally ignore it. Even the raccoons avoid eating it.

Wonder what they know about it.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4244 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not a bad price but I just bought some 50 pound bags for 4.95 each. You coulda got it cheaper here.

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is about $3.50 worth of corn in a 50-lb bag. Add 50 cents for cleaning and sacking. The rest is transportation (not insignificant) and markup. The closer to the source you can buy it the more economical the price will be.

Posts: 13242 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
I got about 2200 bushels I grew on 35 ac we planted this year...just got to turn on the gain auger and fill bags! Wink

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505ED:
I got about 2200 bushels I grew on 35 ac we planted this year...just got to turn on the gain auger and fill bags! Wink

Considering how much money it takes to raise an acre of corn, that's probably the most expensive deer feed you'll ever buy. Just like venison is the most expensive meat you'll ever eat. Big Grin

Posts: 13242 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
50 lb bag corn is $20 here...Damn!

Hunting its not a Hobby its My Way of Life!!!

Posts: 449 | Location: Kaneohe,Hawaii | Registered: 20 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
M16 where did you find that price???
THX, Lee

Posts: 208 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: 14 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaprota:
M16 where did you find that price???
THX, Lee

http://www.manta.com/c/mmds095...en%26client%3Dsafari

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
$5.40/50 lbs @ Bucce's. Plus you can get an Icee and a t-shirt if you want to fight the crowd.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stonecreek:
quote:
Originally posted by 505ED:

Considering how much money it takes to raise an acre of corn, that's probably the most expensive deer feed you'll ever buy. Just like venison is the most expensive meat you'll ever eat. Big Grin

That has some truth to it, but this year we received good rain and not much pressure from pests, we plant corn for fun as wheat and cotton our or cash crops. If I paid $5.50 a bag I have a little over $130,000 in the bin--it will last awhile... Smiler

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote