New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Mexico Draw
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
New Mexico Big Game Drawing results should be out next week. Finger crossed but not holding my breath. Post up what you drew after the results show up. Thanks.

Larry Sellers
SCI(International)Life Member
R8 Blaser
Sabatti "trash" Double Shooter

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not usually very lucky in our states draws, but I have a backup plan in Zambia pending.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
If the "back door" is to be trusted, my immediate family (me, wife, kids) drew just one license out of our 13 applications. Oh well, there's always Wyoming or Texas.

Posts: 3296 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DR - the 'backdoor' is reliable that you have drawn a specific species license. Just don't know what 'hunt code' you have drawn at this point. Game and Fish just waiting for 'official' verification of draw results by the outside source. I heard 'official' results will be out tomorrow?

Seems I have drawn Antelope and Elk. Yea.

Larry Sellers
R8 Blaser

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pretty tough being a non-resident (El Paso). I peeked through the backdoor. My daughter drew a youth deer hunt. I did not draw for a barbary sheep. I'm hoping Colorado comes through for me with an elk hunt.

Posts: 245 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: 19 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How do you peek through the backdoor?

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by impala#03:
How do you peek through the backdoor?

You can't now. Both that I'm aware of have been shut. Now it's a game of patience...

Posts: 3296 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Sellers:
DR - the 'backdoor' is reliable that you have drawn a specific species license. Just don't know what 'hunt code' you have drawn at this point. Game and Fish just waiting for 'official' verification of draw results by the outside source. I heard 'official' results will be out tomorrow?

Seems I have drawn Antelope and Elk. Yea.

Larry Sellers
R8 Blaser

The first one showed hunt codes even, the second just that you'd drawn. Now nothing.

I did get a pretty good deer hunt with my dad and brothers, so that will be fun.

Good deal on your tags, those should be fun. I'm considering applying in Wyoming for antelope with my oldest kid.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
DAMN! I am always unlucky on the draws, even with looking in the backdoor. We will see next week.

One of Us
Picture of Thomas "Ty" Beaham
posted Hide Post
Larry,

Just got my "unsuccessful" email from the VC Trust Elk hunt lottery, so no joy here.

Hope your knee is healing well and you have some great hunting this Fall.

~Ty

Posts: 2970 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DesertRam:
If the "back door" is to be trusted, my immediate family (me, wife, kids) drew just one license out of our 13 applications. Oh well, there's always Wyoming or Texas.

The back door was right - one for 13. Will have to figure out somewhere else to take the kids hunting.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Like always, I was hoping for a sheep tag - NO DICE!!! Frowner

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4885 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted Hide Post
A very good day... I woke up this morning with no particular plans. Now I have three hunts to plan. My son drew a coveted Unit 12 bull tag, and I get to hunt the Gila for bulls then off to chase gemsbok. A very, very good day!

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack D Bold:
A very good day... I woke up this morning with no particular plans. Now I have three hunts to plan. My son drew a coveted Unit 12 bull tag, and I get to hunt the Gila for bulls then off to chase gemsbok. A very, very good day!

I guess it was with those three great tags---Congrats to the two of you!

one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Ya done good Jack, congrats.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Official draw results have me with a Muzzle Loader Bull Elk permit first hunt Unit 6A, (I live in this Unit so hopefully that will help)?

Also a Muzzle Loader Antelope hunt in Unit 50, two hours up the road.

Looks like the R8 Blaser will be staying at home for hunts here in New Mexico this year, sad. Frowner

114 days until the Antelope Hunt, so knee rehab should be done and back to 100% by then.

Larry Sellers
TC Muzzle Loader Eeker

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got lucky for once. Drew a deer tag in the Humphries Wildlife area. Should be good.

One of Us
Picture of Harold R. Stephens
posted Hide Post
Unit 30 rifle 10/31 -11/4. Now to get in shape. Not sure the knees will keep up for a planned backpack hunt. I may have to change plans and drive the roads then just climb to the ridge tops and glass the surrounding drainage.

Founding member of the 7MM STW club

Member of the Texas Cull Hunters Association

Posts: 512 | Location: Granbury, Texas | Registered: 23 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just curious, what species did you draw?

Larry Sellers
R8 Blaser

quote:
Originally posted by Harold R. Stephens:
Unit 30 rifle 10/30 -11/4. Now to get in shape. Not sure the knees will keep up for a planned backpack hunt. I may have to change plans and drive the roads then just climb to the ridge tops and glass the surrounding drainage.

One of Us
Picture of Harold R. Stephens
posted Hide Post
Mule deer

Founding member of the 7MM STW club

Member of the Texas Cull Hunters Association

Posts: 512 | Location: Granbury, Texas | Registered: 23 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
They don't differentiate in Unit 30, so he can shoot whatever FAD he sees. Of course, it's unlikely that he will encounter something other than mule deer, though I have heard of a few whitetails (not Coues) in some areas of eastern and southern NM.

Good luck Harold!