THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Ruger's Website-Gun Control Please Read

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger's Website-Gun Control Please Read
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted
I saw this on another fourm and thought I would share it here, takes 3 minutes and contacts all of your Representatives on your behalf.

Please share, tweet and keep this post/link active.

http://ruger.com/micros/advocacy/

Thanks!

Brian Clark

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
www.blueskieshunting.com
Email at: info@blueskieshunting.com

African Cape Trophy Safaris
www.africancapesafaris.com
Email at: brian@africancapesafaris.com

1-402-689-2024

Posts: 1013 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Brian for posting that. I took part and said my piece as well. All of us here should do the same as well.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A bit ATTABOY to Ruger and Brian for bringing it to the forum

Posts: 36 | Location: Texas & New Mexico | Registered: 01 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brian I did this last week. Here are the responses from Montana;s two senators. Can you tell which one was just reelected and which one is up in 2014?
By the way they are both Democrats and no I didn't vote for either of them.

Dear Tony:

Thank you for expressing your views with me regarding gun control. I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.

Like every other parent in America, my heart is broken by the tragic shooting in Connecticut. Mel and I continue to pray for the victims and their families. This and other recent tragedies have raised serious questions about the culture of violence in our society - questions that deserve careful reflection on everything from access to mental health care to the video games our children play.

Many folks have been contacting me with their concerns about various pieces of legislation that would hamper an individual's right to keep and bear arms. I support the constitutional rights of responsible, law-abiding gun owners, and enforcing the laws on the books to protect people from violence. As I reflect, I am listening carefully to my bosses in Montana, and it is clear that any national discussion on gun control must also take into account the values Montanans expect me to protect.

In the past, I have supported commonsense efforts to curb violence when those efforts have not infringed upon the rights of the American people to keep and bear arms. Some of the proposals that I've supported include putting more police on the streets through the "COPS" program, and increasing funding for after-school programs and youth counseling. We must be careful that efforts to prevent crime do not infringe upon the constitutional rights of sportsmen and women, and other law-abiding gun owners to purchase and use firearms.

Thanks again for getting in touch. I also encourage you to visit my website at http://www.baucus.senate.gov for current information on what I'm doing both here in Washington and at home to help Montana. Please contact me with any additional comments or concerns.

Sincerely,

Dear Tony,

Thank you for contacting me about gun violence and gun control proposals.
Mass shootings are tragically becoming too common and as a U.S. Senator, it is my responsibility to address the growing issue of violence in America's schools and public places. In the coming weeks, I hope that our country will consider how we can help keep people - especially innocent children - safe while protecting our constitutional rights.
Moving forward, we must find careful, balanced solutions that do both. I have a long history of protecting the Second Amendment, and I will keep that value in mind as we consider these important issues. With input from Montanans, I look forward to rising to this important challenge. Please do not hesitate to contact me again if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Jon Tester
United States Senator

Posts: 265 | Location: Corvallis,montana | Registered: 10 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
I contacted mine thru the above website last week. I received emails today from three of them stating they would get back in touch with me.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of don444
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the post.

Posts: 551 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link. Only took a few minutes to complete.

Posts: 150 | Location: Parks AZ | Registered: 31 March 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
I just received an email from one of my Congressmen. At least his response is headed the right direction.

January 30, 2013

Dear Dr. Gray,

Thank you for contacting me about proposed gun regulations. I appreciate hearing from you.

First and foremost, no words can adequately describe the tragedy that occurred in Connecticut. With the loss of so many innocent lives, especially the young children, our prayers should continue to go out to the families and the community around them. While a political discussion of what we in Congress can do to prevent future tragedies is inevitable, I hope these discussions will not overshadow the memory of those who lost their life that day.

As a Member of Congress I will honor my oath to "support and defend the Constitution of the United States." Since being ratified on December 15, 1791, the Bill of Rights has been one of the core pillars of our Constitution. The rights enshrined to the people there have been a beacon to the world. The 2nd Amendment states, "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." In 2008 the historic Supreme Court case of D.C. vs Heller reaffirmed this amendment as a protection for individuals of the right to bear arms. There is no clause in the Second Amendment qualifying or limiting this right.

As the 113th Congress begins there will be extensive discussion in the months ahead concerning what, if any, changes to our gun laws or other laws are needed following the tragic events in Connecticut. I take seriously the need to safeguard the Constitutional right to bear arms. I believe that responsible gun owners should not be punished for the actions of one deranged person. I am concerned that in a rush to do something, there may be an overreaction. I think we need to take a thoughtful approach and look at all of the facts in order to avoid any unintended consequences.

As we review the facts and study this issue I hope we also review the effectiveness of current efforts to control gun use. The shooter in Connecticut, a state with some of the most stringent gun control laws in the nation, stole the guns from his mother after brutally murdering her. He illegally carried the guns into a "gun-free" zone because he knew there would be no one to stop him. According to the U.S. Department of Justice, a majority of guns used by criminals are stolen, bought on the black market, or obtained in other illegal ways. Most, if not all, of the laws being proposed by gun control advocates would not have made any difference in Connecticut.

Lastly, President Obama and Vice President Biden have both indicted they will be using executive orders to pursue gun control. Unfortunately too often this administration has used this tactic to go around Congress to achieve its agenda. This flies in the face of the design of our Founding Fathers when they established the Constitution with three co-equal branches with checks and balances. Although the President can direct various executive agencies how to do their business, the Constitution does not allow the President to make law through executive order. If President Obama wants changes to our gun laws he must bring these changes to Congress so we can have an open, honest, and transparent debate. Anything other than this is totally unacceptable.

As we as a nation continue to heal from this tragedy I hope we also look within our families, churches, and cultural institutions--for answers. Thank you once again for providing me with your concerns. For more information about my efforts on behalf of Colorado and to receive periodic congressional updates, please visit my website at Lamborn.house.gov/.

Sincerely,
Doug Lamborn
Member of Congress

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of friarmeier
posted Hide Post
Greybird, I would be pleased with such a letter from my Congress person. A good response to a very difficult tragedy.

friar

Our liberties we prize, and our rights we will maintain.

Posts: 1222 | Location: A place once called heaven | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by friarmeier:
Greybird, I would be pleased with such a letter from my Congress person. A good response to a very difficult tragedy.

friar

agreed, couldn't even get my congresman to say his duty was to protect the Constitution in a form letter I received.

Thanks!

Brian Clark

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
www.blueskieshunting.com
Email at: info@blueskieshunting.com

African Cape Trophy Safaris
www.africancapesafaris.com
Email at: brian@africancapesafaris.com

1-402-689-2024

Posts: 1013 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Graybird
I also recieved the same letter today from our esteemed Doug Lamborn.
Everyone needs to exert pressure on their elected officials and require of them the same promise, to defend the Constitution.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
KEEP contacting them. They have their aids looking over these emails. They are judging over-all numbers and tenacity of the pro-gun control side, and the anti-gun control side simply by the number of for/against emails the are receiving.

Sand Creek November 29 1864

Posts: 1511 | Location: cul va | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is my response from Lois Capps. Unfortunately, this was not a surprise. She is hopeless.

Dear Mr. Fleming:

Thank you for contacting me to express your concerns about legislation regarding firearms. As your Representative, I appreciate hearing from you on this very important issue.

I support the constitutional right of citizens to bear arms. I also support commonsense measures to reduce and prevent the type of violence we see all too often, most recently in Newtown, Aurora, Tucson and a host of other communities. For example, I believe we must do more to diagnose and treat the mentally ill and that we should work to reduce the influence that violence in the media has on our kids. However, I also support reinstating the federal ban on assault weapons, similar to the one California already has in state law. And I believe every gun purchase should entail a background check, to reduce the likelihood of felons and deeply mentally ill individuals being able to purchase firearms. And while the state of California requires a background check for the vast majority of guns purchased, currently there is no federal requirement that a background check be conducted for all gun purchases, which allows criminals to easily buy firearms.

I believe there are a host of policies that the vast majority of Americans can agree on that could reduce the likelihood of guns ending up in the wrong people's hands while we continue to honor the constitutionally protected right to bear arms and not unduly burden the legitimate rights of lawful citizens. I hope that we can work together, in a bipartisan manner, to reduce the amount of violence in our society. I am interested in hearing the public discussion in the coming days and weeks on these issues and the policies being proposed, such as universal background checks, requiring gun owners to alert the police if their gun has been stolen, and having law enforcement fully enforce the laws that are already in place. Although we may disagree on some aspects of this issue, I believe that we as a nation can do more to stop criminals from getting guns while also protecting the rights of citizens to freely own them.

Thank you again for contacting me. Rest assured I will keep your thoughts in mind as these issues are discussed in the 113th Congress. Please keep in touch by visiting my website, liking my Facebook page, following me on Twitter, or signing up for my e-newsletter.

Sincerely,

LOIS CAPPS
Member of Congress

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And the response from Barbara Boxer. Doesn't even address the issue.

Dear Mr. Fleming:
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your views with me. Your comments will help me continue to represent you and other Californians to the best of my ability. Be assured that I will keep your views in mind as the Senate considers legislation on this or similar issues.

If you would like additional information about my work in the U.S. Senate, I invite you to visit my website, http://boxer.senate.gov. From this site, you can send a message to me about current events or pending legislation, access my statements and press releases, request copies of legislation and government reports, and receive detailed information about the many services that I am privileged to provide for my constituents. You may also wish to visit http://thomas.loc.gov to track current and past federal legislation.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. I appreciate hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Barbara Boxer
United States Senator

one of us
Picture of jds
posted Hide Post
I posted letters on the Ruger site that I received from both Senator John Cornyn and Representative Roger Williams from Texas. They are steadfast 2nd Amendment supporters. In fact, I helped set up one of Rep. Williams press conferences at a local gun shop in Burleson, Texas, earlier this week.

We even have a bill pending in our state legislature similar to the Wyoming bill. It basically tells King Obama that we don't care what he thinks he can do. If it's unconstitutional we are not going to recognize it.

If you didn't already know, Friday, February 8th, is a big day for America's gun owners! Time to rally at your respective state capitol. Do a Google search on "february 8 gun rally" and you'll find TONS of info.

I know that there is going to be a big convoy going from South Fort Worth down to Austin that morning. The lead vehicle will be pulling our "Freedom Trailer". It's pretty cool! Here's a link: http://texaspatriotsteaparty.org/our-freedom-trailer

If anyone in north Texas wants to join the convoy just send me a message.

Good luck!

JDS

And so if you meet a hunter who has been to Africa, and he tells you what he has seen and done, watch his eyes as he talks. For they will not see you. They will see sunrises and sunsets such as you cannot imagine, and a land and a way of life that is fast vanishing. And always he will will tell you how he plans to go back. (author: David Petzer)

Posts: 655 | Location: Burleson, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
this is such a nice "personal" response from one of our democrats, just gives me the warm fuzzys...

Dear Constituent,

Thank you for taking the time to contact me. I'm honored to represent you. My priority is to provide Iowa's Second District with the best representation possible.
Hearing from folks like you is critical for me to best advocate for and represent Iowans. I am currently reviewing your concerns and will be getting back to you soon. My office is here to assist you with any and all concerns you have, so please do not hesitate to contact me whenever you feel that I can be of assistance.

I also encourage you to visit my website at www.loebsack.house.gov and sign up for my e-newsletters to stay informed of the work I'm doing for you. I am proud to serve Iowa's Second District, and I am committed to working hard for you.

Sincerely,

Dave Loebsack
Iowa’s Second District

Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't you just love those "catch all" responses like Boxer and Loebsack send out that don't even touch on the reason you wrote them!!! SOBs are only interested in one thing! Can you say THEMSELVES and THEIR views!!!

One of Us
Picture of Anjin
posted Hide Post
I especially liked Lamborn's point about separation of powers and the administration's efforts to ignore that.

quote:
Originally posted by graybird:
I just received an email from one of my Congressmen. At least his response is headed the right direction.

January 30, 2013

Dear Dr. Gray,

Thank you for contacting me about proposed gun regulations. I appreciate hearing from you.

Lastly, President Obama and Vice President Biden have both indicted they will be using executive orders to pursue gun control. Unfortunately too often this administration has used this tactic to go around Congress to achieve its agenda. This flies in the face of the design of our Founding Fathers when they established the Constitution with three co-equal branches with checks and balances. Although the President can direct various executive agencies how to do their business, the Constitution does not allow the President to make law through executive order. If President Obama wants changes to our gun laws he must bring these changes to Congress so we can have an open, honest, and transparent debate. Anything other than this is totally unacceptable.

Sincerely,
Doug Lamborn
Member of Congress

Norman Solberg
International lawyer back in the US after 25 years and, having met a few of the bad guys and governments here and around the world, now focusing on private trusts that protect wealth from them. NRA Life Member for 50 years, NRA Endowment Member from 2014, NRA Patron from 2016.

Posts: 554 | Location: Sandia Mountains, NM | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Mighty Joe
posted Hide Post
Here is an Oklahoma Representative's response.

February 7, 2013

Dear Mr. Holmes,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns about gun rights. While some Americans simply sit by and hope things will change, I appreciate the time you took to engage yourself in this important matter of Constitutional rights.

The Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution guarantees the right to bear arms for all law-abiding citizens. As an outdoorsman and member of the NRA, I am acutely aware of the many conditions and stipulations which gun owners must meet when exercising this basic constitutional right. From the first days of our nation's independence, American families have owned and kept guns in their private residences. Millions of citizens also hunt each year across the United States.

In recent days, horrific crimes have been committed across the country with guns. These crimes have been committed by mentally and emotionally unstable individuals with evil intent. My heart breaks for families in cities across America that are affected by violence of any type. The collapse of the traditional family structure, the intensity of violent video games, unlimited internet access, and societal stress have combined to move anti-social individuals to mass murder. Furthermore, society has glorified violence on television and in the movies.

All too often, responsible gun owners are punished for the wrongdoing of criminals. Law-abiding citizens should not have their rights infringed, but criminals should not be allowed to purchase guns. We must focus on mental health initiatives, law enforcement, and criminals' access to firearms instead of targeting hunters, responsible gu n owners, and gun manufacturers.

Some feel that crime would end if guns were restricted. This theory has been demonstrated as false in cities like Chicago and Washington, D.C. where gun laws are strict, but violent crime is rampant. I have children in school; I understand the anxiety of dropping off your kids after another school shooting. But, I want to help our nation solve the problem, not just "do something." Simple answers will not fix this complex family issue. It is right to have an honest and open conversation about gun violence, but our conclusions must protect our liberty and start our country down the path of healing.

It is important to refer to previously passed Congressional gun control measures to determine why they were enacted, and if these laws resulted in decreased violence. The National Firearm Act (NFA) of 1934 passed following prohibition to make the chosen weapons of "gangsters," most notably machine guns and short-barreled long guns, more difficult to acquire. The Gun Control Act (GCA) of 1968 was passed following the assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr, John F. Kennedy, and Robert Kennedy. The GCA made regulations stricter on convicted felons, illegal immigrants, mentally unstable individuals, and others. The Brady Handgun Prevention Act of 1993 created the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) as a database to prevent firearm sales to prohibited individuals.

As you may know, Senator Diane Feinstein (D-CA) has proposed legislation to renew the assault weapon ban that expired in 2004. The original assault weapon ban was part of a broader, significant piece of legislation; the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994. The assault weapon ban was enacted in the wake of a January 17, 1989 school shooting as well as the escalating violence of the 1980's and early 1990's turf and drug wars waged by urban gangs. However, it is important to note that during the life of the assault weapon ban there were at least 30 school shootings, demonstrating that the senseless school shootings and other acts of mass murder cannot continue. Removing one type of weapon will not eliminate school violence.

As the 113th Congress addresses the many challenges facing our nation, I hope you will continue to share your suggestions and comments with me. Please, contact me via email for a faster response. To keep up with my work in Congress, please visit my website at www.lankford.house.gov and sign up to receive updates at www.lankford.house.gov/enewsletter .

In God We Trust,

James Lankford
MEMBER OF CONGRESS

Prayer, planning, preperation, perseverence, proper procedure, and positive attitude, positively prevents poor performance.

Posts: 910 | Location: Oakwood, OK, USA | Registered: 11 September 2000Reply With Quote