New
Find
Notify
Tools

some pictures
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Here are some pictures of this seasons hunting. It was one of my best. Thought you migh enjoy them.

Posts: 894 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
WOW!

I can see why it was one of your best- those are great animals and beautiful photos. Did you use the .300 mag. on all of them?

thumb

one of us
posted Hide Post
If you did all of that in one season you should be, horse whipped, drawn and quartered, tarred and feathered, burned at the stake... Eeker or get some kind of prize. thumb Big Grin
Well done, great hunting and shooting.
Tell us what gun, load and where you got each Trophy.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
That is certainly a fantastic seasonal accomplishment!! thumb

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Impressive, very impressive...for some hunter's that is a lifetime's achievement!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7542 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
Welcome to AR, and congrats on a terrific season! I've yet to get to even go after that many different species in one year! Nate

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
Nube, way to go Pard... really like the whitey pic... seems appropriate to have a powerline tower behind with the wire wrapped in his antlers... really cool and a beautiful buck. Great Ram and bears too... heck, everything's very nice... quite a season you had!!!!

posted Hide Post
Looks like you have done it all, nice job!!!
Plinker

one of us
Picture of MuskegMan
posted Hide Post
Not bad at all.

You look like a guy who has his priorities straight:

Priority #1: Hunting
Priority #2: More Hunting
Priority #3: Even More Hunting

The heck with the other stuff!!!

MM

Posts: 2097 | Location: S.E. Alaska | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Where's your Elk? beer Nice!

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12604 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WOW!!---I'm envious--congrats on some fine animals-----chris

Posts: 294 | Location: Omaha, NE | Registered: 29 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm interested in the sheep (mostly). If you ever want to get together and talk sheep let me know, there are other Albertans in here who like to do the same!! Maybe we could all have a get together in the new year.

nice pics thanks for sharing

the chef

One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
Also, gotta add I wonder how many realize what it required to take all these wonderful critters... simply fantastic, really and great pics to boot!

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
I SIT IN ABSOLUTE AWE. THAT IS FANTASTIC.

umm, can we be friends?

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow, many congrats to you on a superlative season, indeed a lifetime of successes for many (Kutenay would really be pissed if you were a Yank!)

Happy Holidays to all,
Craig Nolan

Best Regards,

Craig Nolan

Posts: 403 | Location: South of Alamo, Ca. | Registered: 30 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nube,

You had one Heck of a season. All of those trophies in one year is quite a major achievment in my book. I even like the little moose knowing how good he will taste throughout the year. Way to go man!

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12931 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey NUBE--"DWD" (darn well done!!!)

That is a super year and some very nice pics.

If and when you get some time (spose you're still tired from chasing all those critters) please post a bit about the hunts. I could care less about the rounds used or the scores just want to know about the hunts.

Thx

Mark D

So...what's up for next year, gonna try to out do Noah?

Posts: 1089 | Location: Bozeman, Mt | Registered: 05 August 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm interested in the sheep (mostly). If you ever want to get together and talk sheep let me know, there are other Albertans in here who like to do the same!! Maybe we could all have a get together in the new year.

Chef....As tight-lipped as sheep hunters are, I could see that being a very quiet gathering! Smiler

Seriously though, if you manage to arrange something, don't forget about us guys just over the line in BC.

NUBE....great pics! Congrats on a phenomenal season. 2005 was very good to you!

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would call it a very thorough season for you indeed. Basically, a North American Safari.

Good Work. Now back to work to pay off the taxidermist.

Posts: 153 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys and yes I am still recovering. I started the season chasing my Grizzly and in three weeks of hunting I saw 2 and let the smaller one go. This one was 23 year old female with no teeth left at all. I shot her at 22 paces with a 375 HH blaser rifle. It took 8 years to get a draw and at that only 2% of the tags are successfull. I then had one day to hunt sheep before I started outfitting for my bird hunters and shot this one opening day at 10:00 am. I got into the camp the night before and spotted them just before dark. It was a 400 yard shot straight down with my 300 win mag. The bullett didn't even drop at that range and I hit it twice right between the shoulder blades. I wish I had my camera on the mountain but I didn't. This is my sixth ram and I am getting this mounted with my Griz. The moose I shot opening morning at 130 yard with my new blaser rifle a 7mm stw. I also use this for the antelope and hit that at 504 yards. My whitetail was smaller than I thought. It had some branches caught up in the wire in it's horn and I got him at 150 yards running staight away. My mule deer was my last chance to hunt it and shot it for meat. I could have had a bigger one but I work in Edmonton as a firefighter and needed to work after taking all my time off for bird season and my griz.
I love sheep hunting the most and I am always open to chating with sheep hunters. I've killed more than my fair share of them so I don't have too many secrets to hide. I have a dall sheep as well and I'm jelous of those B.C guys who get to hunt those Stone rams. I'm glad you guys liked the pictures and Thanks for the kind words.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Nube-tell me a bit about the blackie?

Thanks

Mark D

Posts: 1089 | Location: Bozeman, Mt | Registered: 05 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
God bless Alberta!

Chuck

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
Bro, He already did and in a big way...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark Debrenski-

I was in the Whitecourt Area about an hour and a half from Edmonton the week after I shot my Grizz. My buddy and I were driving down the road looking for bears when we past a cutline I saw the bear down the cutline 75 yards. Byt hetime we stopped the truck and got the gun out my buddy had his camcorder going and I walked up to the cutline just as he was comming out. I let him get to about 15 yards and my buddy whistled and I pounded him. It took 4 guys to help load it. I was lucky my other buddies found us as we were taking pictures so they could help drag it and throw it in the back of the truck. It was a lot of fun and nice to get it on tape.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bro, He already did and in a big way...

And your stuck in Bozeman. I weep for you. moon
Big Grin

Chuck

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Smiler Big Grin Smiler

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nube, nice critters-- thanks for sharing the photo's. I'm a whitetail nut, I always like to see the mass on those big boys from Canada! That grizz is really something--
How long are those horns on the pronghorn--he is impressive!

Great year and congrats--Don

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the horns were 15 1/4 and he scored 80 and 3/8.

one of us
Picture of JBabcock
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing 22 and 12/16" on the Grizzly skull.

Congratulations on a great year.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nube: In the immortal (and broadcast live) words of Groucho Marx on his TV game show (in which he was responding to a contestants declaration she had 12 children!) "you sure make my bannana look green"!
Seeings I only harvested 4 head of Big Game this year!
Congratulations on a stupendous and obviously rewarding Big Game Season up there in Alberta!
Three cheers for you!
Hip hip hooray!
Hip hip hooray!
Hip hip hooray!
Long live Alberta!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: More on the Groucho Marx trivia - for his "bannana look green" comment he was the first TV personality to be censored via a three day suspension of his live broadcast! These seemingly "tame" words eventually led to a much strengthened and more formidable morality code for the then newish TV industry.

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TheSilverFox
posted Hide Post
You know, sometimes i forget how lucky we are in alberta canada.

Here is what i killed in 2005 all on the 4000 acre family ranch

All it cost me was 32.5$ for the elk tag
free for the bear, landowners rights
32.5$ for the dear tag

oh yeAH, and a box of bullets

Next year i will probably be drawn for
MULE BUCK, AND COW ELK

Day of goffer killin

Posts: 60 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 23 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Silverfox, that is one wild looking bull elk. Nube, congrats on what appears to have been an awesome season!

Posts: 135 | Location: New Jersey, USA | Registered: 02 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey there, Congrats

What are the measurements for your sheep?

Posts: 82 | Location: Millarville, Alberta | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 3584ELK
posted Hide Post
Nube,

Great work, man! I felt good after killing a nice bull elk and a mulie buck this year! Very nice...

SilverFox,

Did you shoot that poor bull in the foreleg? Just joshin u. Good work!

Merkel 140A- .470NE
Beretta Vittoria- 12 Ga.
J.P. Sauer & Sohn Type B- 9.3x64mm
ArmaLite AR-10A4- 7.62x51mm
Franchi Highlander- 12 Ga.
Marlin 1894 CB Limited- .41 Magnum
Remington 722- .244 Rem.
and many, many more.

An honest man learns to keep his horse saddled.

Posts: 597 | Location: Lake Andes, SD | Registered: 15 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wooly ESS
posted Hide Post
Hell of a season, Nube - I mean Mr. Nube! You are an inspiration. I must try harder next year.

The truth will set you free,
but first it's gonna piss you off!
www.ceandersonart.com

Posts: 574 | Location: The great plains of southern Alberta | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dark Templer I can't remember what the horn length was but I think it was 35.5 long and I didn't measure the bases. I 've got 2 bigger so I wasn't to excited in getting the measurements of of it. It will still look good mounted with my full mount Grizz.

Anyone got any cool Ideas for a mount with my sheep and Grizz? I'm still trying to figure out the best pose.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nube,
Wow! That is one impressive year! Alberta is great game country. You're darn lucky to have those types of opportunities. Congradulations heh?

Posts: 442 | Location: Montana territory | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am lucky to live here but I think Montana has a few things to offer as well. I would love to find someone to hunt with that lives close to the Montana/Alberta border so I could hunt some more speed goats. It takes about 4 years to get a tag here. I think there is some good elk down there as well.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
First congratulations on a highly successful year. As a fellow hunter I dont want you to think I am picking a fight but I have a question. If you have several rams already why would you shoot a ram that needed at least two more years to amount to a real trophy? When I see guys do this ( and I could name a few)I really have to wonder why.
If you know a summer ram range its not difficult to pick off a legal ram every year you can get a tag (in Alberta that means every other year). You are obviously a good,dedicated hunter. Why not set your standards higher on such a valuable species? Again, no malice intended.
On the other hand with the Interim Metis Harvest Agreement in place perhaps conservation of the resource just isnt a concern .

Posts: 200 | Location: alberta canada | Registered: 16 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you shoot a deer every year only if it was bigger than last years?

I love to sheep hunt and have passed many rams up and taken friends and family out and have shot bigger and smaller. Each ram is special in it's own way and I enjoy each one not only by the horn size. You are right maybe I should have waited but I enjoy the meat and I hang them all on my wall. I have a ram that scores 181 and I have one with a curl as short as the curly between my legs. The one I enjoyed hunting the most was the smallest of the bunch and enjoyed that hunt more than any of the others. I am also getting a life size on my bear and needed something to go with it. This ram will look outstanding with it. I find it interesting that you think it is all that easy for someone to go and shoot a ram every year. If that was the case why are there 2000 licences sold with a harvest of 130 a year. I don't think there are to many guys passing up the small ones. I am at a point now that I have some smaller rams and a couple really good ones and probably won't shoot another one till I do find a bigger one. In respect to the conservation aspect of things I beleive the herd #'s to be doing well and I don't think shooting small rams is going to change things. If you want better quality of rams then hunt the full curl zones or try to change things to draw only. I wouldn't mind waiting 4-5 years for a draw if I could have a pick at more rams.