THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    250gr 45-70 X bullets in a lott/watts

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

250gr 45-70 X bullets in a lott/watts
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
If someone does not sink my boat I will get to go Elk hunting this week and I was looking at loading some of these 250gr barnes X bullets in my lott/watt to take a close shot if it presents it's self. Any one ever load any of these??? I will be using the 300gr X bullets as the main load. Thanks RNS

Posts: 767 | Location: Phoenix, Az | Registered: 31 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 8MM OR MORE
posted Hide Post
"8MM OR MORE turns green with envy"

Posts: 1944 | Location: Moses Lake, WA | Registered: 06 November 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
I am assuming you'll be downloading them to smoke pole levels?

My advice is forget it, concentrate on one load so you don't run the risk of having the wrong one when needed. The 300 X should be just the ticket whether near or far. Up close the 4 petals blow off, and you still have a 45 caliber wadcutter that will more then likely exit.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I dropped the idea while at the reloading bench last nite after I got a call from the group that they want to make the 10 hour trip starting at 6 am thursday so I will just have to settle with the 300gr load and test them. Thanks RNS

Posts: 767 | Location: Phoenix, Az | Registered: 31 May 2001Reply With Quote