Find
Notify
Tools

Want a Texas Free-Range Blackbuck?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted
Do you want a trophy free-ranging blackbuck?!?

I was just contacted by the rancher I guide the free-ranging blackbuck hunts for. I know this is short notice, but if you have been wanting a trophy blackbuck, this is your chance. The hunt can be either this Saturday or Sunday. I can take 2 hunters. We will hunt from sunup to sundown. The cost is only a $100 daily rate and a $700 trophy fee when you take your buck. You should get a shot at animals from 17" to 20"+. The ranch is near Camp Wood, Texas. These are free-ranging blackbucks on a working ranch and are not behind high-fence. They are very wary and don't stand still for long. It is a challenging hunt. Be prepared to take up to a 300 yard shot. I can usually get you within 150-200 yards. It is very rare to be able to hunt these antelope in the wild and not behind a high fence! I can drive you from San Antonio if needed.

Let me know ASAP,

Bob 210-564-0711

This is a blackbuck I took off of this ranch.

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
Quote:

It is very rare to be able to hunt these antelope in the wild and not behind a high fence!

High fences are never "needed" with these animals. They don't jump! So, even if they're behind a standard-height fence, they're effectively high-fenced. I guess one could say, then, that there's no such thing as a free-ranging Blackbuck???

At any rate, that's a good looking animal you have there! And, at $800, it's a great deal you're offering, too. If I had the time and $$$, I'd drive down in a heartbeat. Alas, that is currently not in the cards for me.

Best of luck,
RSY

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Actually, they will jump small fences.....I have seen them. They are also very good at going under them and making holes is sheep fence with their horns. They are free-ranging and not "fenced" in. This is true of many ranches and the population varies as they come and go. So, yes, there are free-ranging blackbucks.

Bob

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
I have one hunter coming Saturday from Carlsbad, New Mexico. There is one spot left.

Bob

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
I sure wish I wasn't booked up all weekend with appointments. And for those of who who may need a push in the right direction, that's a GREAT price -- and I can assure you Bob will treat you well.

The blackbuck is one of the toughest of the exotics to hunt. They have terrific eyesight and take flight quickly. You may not have much time for a shot, either.

I managed to take a gorgeous blackbuck (20 1/8th, 20- 1/8th) with a handgun (.250 Savage in a custom XP) a few years back, and he still graces our living room wall. It was one of the toughest and most rewarding hunts I have had the privilege to experience.

They are as wary as anything you'll hunt on this continent...

Posts: 9398 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Well, we are back from the hunt. Tommie, my hunter from New Mexico got his blackbuck. The one he took was right at 17". Unfortunately, he missed his 200 yard shot on a 19"/20" buck in the morning.

After being on the ranch again this weekend, we have decided to do one more hunt this year on Satruday, April 3rd. The hunt will be a 2x1 hunt from sunup to sundown. I already have one hunter coming from Kaufman, TX. There is one slot left. Again, the cost of the hunt is just a $100 daily rate and a $700 trophy fee if you take your antelope.

Bob

bobcat50@satx.rr.com

Here is Tommie's buck from Saturday: