Find
Notify
Tools

Dismay!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
Ugggg! It's till archery season in the Missouri Ozarks and look at this mess...

~Ann

Posts: 19563 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
Broken beam or not he would be quite a trophy with a bow

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1220 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He's been hanging nocturnal lately but I am thinking I should leave him for next year. I put a young 8 pt in the freezer on opening rifle but want another deer yet. I hope to see some more mature bucks moving through.

~Ann

Posts: 19563 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He is great this year.Next year will be a stud!!! Big Grin

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
A nice buck, but I would leave him for next year. Remember there is one out there that likely broke that main beam for him.

I'd opt for a doe to stick in the freezer.

Good luck!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Highlander7
posted Hide Post
Ann,

Leave him. He'll be even better next year. I had a 130 class whitetail show up on trail cam last year during second season archery (SE PA). I was excited and was in the stand the next day only to discover he dropped one side in less than 24 hours. Unfortunately I lost access to that particular area. Still I would leave him for next year.

MSG, USA (Ret.) Armor
NRA Life Memeber

Posts: 599 | Location: Chester County, PA. | Registered: 09 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll be just watching him this year. What is funny is I have a picture of him in full antler then he comes past the camera again three hours later- broken!

There is a big body spike buck that's probably a yearling. Several fawns. All of these I have gotten on daytime pics. I am hesitant to take a doe because deer numbers aren't what I would consider high in this area.

~Ann