THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Do Trusted Traveler Programs help hunters?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do Trusted Traveler Programs help hunters?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of utcb
posted
I'm curious to see if anyone on the forum has experience coming back into the U.S. with a rifle after a hunt as a member of a trusted traveler program like Global Entry. I've heard that it can lower the amount of hassle you get for traveling with a firearm. Have others found this to be true? I haven't had many problems coming back into the U.S., but I have heard horror stories from other hunters depending upon the country you are returning from.

Posts: 34 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 22 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I flew back into the States from Zim this year, the customs guys just waved me through. They didn't ask to see my paperwork, guns, nothing. I would say yes. UNLESS you are going to do something that they wouldn't allow anyway and if your luck is like mine, you'd get checked that one time.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
Smooth sailing

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1436 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote