New
Find
Notify
Tools

Az Hunt Application Deadline.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hope you boys have got your applications in, deadline is June 8th. Where(units)and what for are you headed?

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
I got mine in. I am planning an Arizona Elk hunt in 2006. So I am having United States Outfitters put me in for 2004 and 2005 so I can get preference points for the 2006 season.

Posts: 3142 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 15 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JLHeard
posted Hide Post
Mine are in

Deer in 37b, 41, 37a, 24a, 4a/4b

Elk in 22, 23, 5bsouth, 6a, 5bnorth

Now all I have to do is sit and wait. And I hate waiting

Posts: 580 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
JL, I am all over the place, mostly south. And this year, on my selection of deer, I am hunting all mule deer. Hopefully I will get over to New Mexico for deer and Pronghorn. Did you take that 257 wby out yet?

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JLHeard
posted Hide Post
Yeah I did. Shot really nice. I was getting sub-MOA with 100grn factory soft-points. But since I'm gonna switch the scope mounts and still breaking in the barrel, I wasn't really trying to get any groups. Man does that thing warm up a barrel fast

Posts: 580 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Arizona extended it application deadline until today, sincehte computers glitched. I suggested that all early birds be given one more preference point than the late filers since we did it by the deadline. It must have been a big shots son or nephew that could not get in on time, or their income was down, I am skeptical of such a shameful practice.

By the way, this year sheep tags are given only to people wiht an AR handle and good rating, So I have heard...

good luck guys.

having drawn Kaibab late season for last year, I dont even expect to get a turkey tag this fall.

Jameister

Posts: 902 | Location: Denver Colderado | Registered: 13 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 323
posted Hide Post
Sent my stuff off last week I can't put in for tags on-line since I plan on hunting on Fort Huachuca you still have to apply for tags through the mail. Hopefully I get drawn for the december hunt that is the best time I think to hunt the Couse deer.

Posts: 2501 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 31 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No No... dont even expect to get a general hunting Lic I applied on the 7th (day befor deadline) and the site was very very slow, musta been the amount of procrastinating rednecks (ughhh and myself) . You know... you should put in for crappy units like me, that way you get drawn every year, I have a grand time regardless.

JL... I think you are going to fall in love with your 257, mine is about the closest thing to a lightning bolt I can hold in my hand.