New
Find
Notify
Tools

Advice fore hunting in Florida
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,
I´m from Sweden and very interested in hunting. I´m taking my family, wife, 2 kids and my parents to an vacation in Florida driving a rental car to Naples, Orlando and Miami 17 may to 31 may.

I would like to hunt a couple of days for my self and maybe my father (43y and 70y). I am open for all type of hunting but Hogs seems to be rather god in Fl, Idon´t want to take my gun with me. I can offer god swaphunt in Sweden, Roedeer, fallowdeer, Wild Boars and moose for exampel but I prefer to pay directly.

Can you give me som advices what to do, I want a good quality hunt following regulations.

Do you now any good guides?

Best Regards;
Erik

Posts: 3 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 26 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Erik,

For the time of year you will be here, about your only options will be hog or alligator. I did a hunt for alligator near Naples Fl a few years back and had a blast. I'd give you the guy's name, but he died a last year from a heart attack.

There are about 2 dozen licensed alligator trappers in the state of Florida and they will take you out with them if you make arrangements. That's what I did when I went after them. I don't know exactly how you would go about it these days, but you could probably contact the Florida Wildlife Commission and get some names and phone numbers.

There are a bunch of websites that offer year round alligator hunts. Some are expensive and some aren't. You can also hunt hogs year round here in Fl and there are a bunch of outfitters for them as well.

Do a good web search and you should come up with some good options.

Mac

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
You could hunt Axis Deer, Blackbuck, Aligator or Water Buffalo on the Brady Ranch. There will always be some Axis Deer in hard antler.

Brady Ranch

I have never been there and know nothing about them, so just do your homework.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote