New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tony Lee Caribou
 Login/Join

<hjh6929>
posted
I have a caribou/black bear drop camp hunt with Tony Lee of Westwind in the last of August and First of September.

All of the references I called loved the hunt and felt it was well worth the money.

Was wondering if anyone had a different experience.

Going to take a 30.06 with 180 grain partitions. Any comments on bullet selection. I have never hunted them before, but hear they are not that tough to put down. Everyone recommended taking my favorite deer rifle.

Thanks!

one of us
Picture of Colorado Bob
posted Hide Post
I don't know about the outfitter. But your rifle & bullet is rite on. That's what I use on elk & black bear here in Colorado. You will be happy with it's preformance.

Posts: 601 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Drop camp operators always scared me. There are a bunch of them and a lot operate on pure volume. Talking to different people I have found that Tony Lee is a pretty darn good choice. I have no personal experience with him, I do not know him, but I do know agents who represent him. I would not worry. However you should take the time to talk with him so you are prepared for what to expect.

Good choice on weapon and bullets, that would probably be exactly what I would take.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote