Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Opinions on this GPS
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of milosmate
posted
Ive got the legend but not in color, had it in the bush this Roar and it worked great.
We dont have the maps down here yet for it so I made my own by putting in waypoints from my map software.
It got a true test as the bush was extremly wet.

Milosmate

Posts: 217 | Location: Christchurch,New Zealand | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
I don't think you will be disappointed. I have had 2 Garmin's (never used an ETREX, though), and many friends have more, and the Garmin's are all held in high regard. The rest are, well, the rest...

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
I've got a Legend (not color though) and love it. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Unless you have money to burn, I personally don't think the higher priced models with internal compass and barometer are worth the extra $$. They are harder on batteries, and don't really tell you anything you can't learn by walking a few metres.

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote