Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom Leather Work in the UK
 Login/Join

posted
I want to get some additional items made up for my belt kit. In particular I'm looking for someone who will make a leather compass pouch, a bolt pouch and a knife sheath plus maybe a pouch along the lines of the old 58 pattern waterbottle carrier only in leather. I know of Harry Bowden, but I don't want to take out a second morgage for the work! My local saddler makes decent belts ect but does not do "blocked leather" work.

Also, does anybody know of any sites with regards DIY blocked leather work? I did a quick search but was inundated with links to S*M and bondage sites!

Thanks in advance,

Peter

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted Hide Post
Why not contact "Kramer" in your own country?

Russ

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Deerdogs
posted Hide Post
Pete,

There is a bloke called Brett Parsons who works in Birmingham. Not to be confused with Parsons Leather Goods who are arch rivals with a much inferior product.

Brett Parson's leather work is first rate. He has made canvas and leather gun and rifle slips and a leather cartridge bag for me. The quality of leather and stitching is better than any I have seen anywhere and it is a lot cheaper than London prices.

He advertises in the back of The Field.

Posts: 1978 | Location: UK and UAE | Registered: 19 March 2001Reply With Quote