THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: Barnes Bullets Follows Suit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Barnes Bullets Follows Suit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Quote:

we should all send them an email and thank them, and possibly even order some bullets!

done~

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hauptjager
posted Hide Post
Today is a good day! I'm very happy to see that Barnes did the right thing. Now I can try the 300gr TSX this year.

Posts: 153 | Location: Hilo, Hawaii | Registered: 07 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I received a reply from crooked horn outfitters yesterday stating they were pulling support, but didn't hear from Barnes. Glad to hear they are now a non-sponsor as well. Just sent them an email of thanks. Just one example of the "power of the people". Imagine how great hunting and overall gun ownership would be if we could all ban together on those issues?

Posts: 51 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 05 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Excellent. I will not only email them, I will most likely call Ty Herring tomorrow. I just got home and saw an email to me as well.

Now that they have taken a position, I will most certainly have no reason not to use the 800 Triple Shocks on my bench. THE MOST ACCURATE AND CONSISTENT HUNTING BULLET I'VE EVER USED. AIM FOR BONE AND WATCH 'EM FALL.< !--color-->

In fact, I'll probably email them this thread...

Doc.

posted Hide Post
Here is a copy of the Press Release that Barnes Bullets has just sent to me in regard to the USO problem. I think it's fantastic, and we should all send them an email and thank them, and possibly even order some bullets!

Kirk Kelso

Press Release
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barnes Bullets: USO Press Release, August 18, 2004

Fellow Hunters:

After carefully evaluating the information and comments received concerning the litigation between United States Outfitters and the State of Arizona, Barnes Bullets has withdrawn its sponsorship of USO's "Real Hunting Adventures."

While Barnes has used USO's outfitting services with satisfaction, Barnes Bullets has never been a party to, nor endorsed, United States Outfitter's lawsuit regarding the availability and distribution of non-resident hunting tags in Arizona or any other western state.

We at Barnes Bullets appreciate the concerns our customers have expressed, and hope this action assures them we have their best interests at heart. Barnes Bullets offers financial support to many organizations dedicated to wildlife conservation and the preservation of the hunting and shooting sports. The list includes the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Safari Club International, the Wild Turkey Federation, Sportsmen for Fish & Wildlife, the National Shooting Sports Foundation, the Hunting & Shooting Sports Heritage Foundation, and the National Rifle Association.

We regret any event that causes dissension in hunter ranks or between sportsmen and regulatory organizations.

Randy and Coni Brooks
Barnes Bullets

Barnes Bullets, Inc.
PO Box 215
American Fork, UT
1-801-756-4222
email@barnesbullets.com

This statement has been sent to the Arizona Department of Game & Fish, the Arizona Rebulic Newspaper.

Posts: 13 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 25 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kirk,
LTNS!!! Thanks for the update. I just sent Barnes a thank you.

Kirk, got any good deals on elk hunts this year? I sure enjoyed hunting with Pack'n'horns a few years ago!

Huntr

Posts: 88 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 10 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Kirk, Thank you for sharing that with all of us. It does look as if the Brooks gave the entire situation a bit of deep study and then went in the correct direction. Speaks well for them indeed.

---

Good to see you posting over here. By the way, do you still have those "Eagle Eyed" Mexicans doing all your Game Spotting for you?

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thankyou sent!

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ditto

Posts: 437 | Location: S.E. Idaho | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Crooked Horn outfitters pulled their support as noted in another thread and I posted a letter there from the Outdoor Channel that stated they too have pulled their support. I have sent letters(snail mail) and emails of thanks to all the companies who have dropped USO thanking them for doing so.
Coues

Posts: 337 | Location: flagstaff az | Registered: 16 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I figured the best way to thank Barnes was to send in another order for their TSX bullets. Used one(.257 100 gr. out of my .25-06) the take a nice eating sow(88 lbs. dressed) about two weeks ago. I like the way the TSX bullets are performing. Could be hard to give up my Partitions. Lawdog

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lawyer, are you sure it was a sow? That would be terribly small for a sow.

Posts: 747 | Location: Nevada, USA | Registered: 22 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't see why you think he'll be out of business. All of us here dispise him and what he has done, but be assured, he has way more clients throughout the USA and world than he can ever serve--clients willing to pay whatever the cost. No, that turkey will be around and be making big bucks for a long time. We may not like him or what he did, but the damn guy is a good businessman, well proven.

Posts: 747 | Location: Nevada, USA | Registered: 22 May 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of dzpoorjr
posted Hide Post
Here is a forwarded letter from USO! Hope you enjoy! As he may be out of business soon!

UNITED STATES OUTFITTERS, INC.
4204 NDCBU k 325 Santistevan Lane k Taos, New Mexico 87571
1-800-843-845-9929 k Off: 505-758-9774 k Fax: 505-758-1744
E-mail: huntuso@newmex.com k Website: www.unitedstatesoutfitters.com

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nonresidents win in Arizona

That's right, you won a landmark decision in your Arizona case (Montoya vs. Manning) after
nearly 7 years of litigation that has gone all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court and back.
Read the enclosed PRESS RELEASE for the latest good news. The gist of it is: nonresidents
are now going to be treated the same as residents in the distribution of the quality
hunting tags, the quota in Arizona is gone on elk and deer. The wildlife belongs to all of
us equally and now the courts have struck down the discrimination against nonresident
hunters. Our chances of drawing these tags will be increasing to the same as the residents
for elk and deer, bighorn quotas will be gone by next year. This year in fact, Arizona
gave nearly 750 additional tags to nonresidents who were rejected because of the quotas.
Many of you drew Arizona tags this year because of winning this lawsuit.

As far as other States, Nevada is going to make their decision to either fight the Courts
ruling or to get rid of their illegal quotas this coming Saturday. Montana has been
notified of our win and we have asked them to follow the 9th Circuit decision, we have not
heard of any scheduled hearings as yet. If these States decide to fight, then not only
will they be facing little chance of winning, but also a large class action damage claim.

It has been a long hard struggle for all of us with a lot of emotional ups and downs along
the way. USO has been proud to have been an instrumental part of righting this growing
wrong. Now we need your help, not with money, but with a little of your time. The angry
residents of Arizona do not realize that is was you, the nonresident, who was the driving
force of this lawsuit. They do not realize that it was your financial and emotional
backing that filed and supported this successful lawsuit. They believe it was all USO's
doing and are expressing their anger towards USO and our sponsors. USO understands, but
our sponsors are getting emails and letters from a few uneducated Arizona residents
expressing rage at the outcome of our lawsuit and threatening them with all sorts of
retaliation, mostly wanting to boycott their products. We need you to notify the Sponsors
of our television show "Real Hunting Adventures" to let them know your appreciation for
their support, not so much for their lawsuit support, but their general support of USO.
Our show is one of the top 5 rated shows on the Outdoor Channel now, and with our sponsors
and your support, we will be on top for a long time to come.

Knight Muzzleloaders - tknight@knightrifles.com POB 130, Centerville, IA 52544
Swarovski Optiks - info@swarovski.com 123 Massasoit, RI 02806
Primos Game Calls - wprimos@primos.com POB 12785, Jackson, MS 39236
Barnes Bullets - brooks1958@aol.com POB 215, American Fork, UT 84003
Crooked Horn Outfitters - cho@csurfer.net 26325 Trotter Dr, Tehachapi, CA 93561

The one sponsor that is obviously missing is Bill Jordan's Realtree, because of the
negative pressure placed upon them by these few uneducated residents, they have already
decided not to sponsor USO at this time. As I am sure this makes us all angry that
Realtree, who has been part of our family for over 10 years, would succumb to this small
amount of negative pressure. I am asking that you send them an email or letter thanking
them for their past USO support and ask them to reevaluate their position. Please do not
threaten them as the residents have, we do not want to lower ourselves to this level at
this time. Contact davidblanton@realtree.com or address of 1390 Box Circle, Columbus, GA
31907. We believe that once they understand the large nonresident support behind this
effort, they will reconsider. We will keep you abreast of the situation.

All Draws Are Completed ....

All of the draws have now been completed, Arizona is always the last one and we now have
those results. By the time you receive this note, all the successful applicants should be
notified. We already have contacted all of the successful applicants from Kansas and New
Mexico draws. If anyone is looking to go on a guaranteed private land hunt this year, give
us a call now 800-845-9929 as we now have the hunt openings that these draws have created.

We are sorry if you were unsuccessful this year, we know the feeling of not drawing a good
hunt. But the future is going to explode for the nonresident. The loss of the illegal
quotas add percentages for you to draw in each state and substantially increase our
chances of drawing when you get the additive effect of applying to multiple states, like
most of you do. Now is the time to dramatically increase the number of applications you
are having us apply, if you haven't already. These dream tags are within our reach.

Arizona's Elk Permit of a Lifetime Raffle

Below is an elk raffle ticket for a statewide elk any weapon permit good from Sept. 1 -
Dec. 31, 2004. This is probably the most sought after elk tag in the world. It is
transferable as well. According to Arizona regulations, no donation is required and you
may get one raffle ticket by just sending it in the mail. Donations are taken @ 20$ each
or 6 for $100. We believe it would be foolish for you to not send in one at least this one
chance at a cost of a 37 cent stamp. Cut this from this letter, fill it out and send to
the address on the bottom. If you decide to also donate $20 or more, make sure to
photocopy and send on in for free as well. Deadline is August 12 in their offices, send it
today ...

Posts: 62 | Location: SAFFORD, AZ. | Registered: 22 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Quote:

So, I wonder if Wstrnhuntr, who made all sorts of disparaging comments about Barnes and said he would retract all if they stepped away from USO will do as he said?

You bet I will! This is great news! Im sending them an E-mail stating that theyve just sold another box and apparently I need to make a trip to Sportsmans Warehouse. This is one time that I dont mind eating a little crow.

Good on Barnes, but just remember, I never said I would start liking their bullets.

I just sent an e-mail to Swarovski as well requesting that they do the same.

Tony,

If your reading can you confirm this?

Posts: 10160 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of HARDBALLER
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kirk. I just sent Barnes a thank you email also. I don't live in AZ but I do believe that you should not have to pack across the country to enjoy the things that your dad passed on to you. By edging out the odds of being able to draw and hunt close by, a lot of hunters would just give up hunting. That's exactly what the damn Anti's want. Too bad USO's greed had cost us sportsmen so much of our needed dollars. I hope they flippin' go out of business.

Posts: 194 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 08 April 2004Reply With Quote