THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: Coyote, Wolf or Some Sort of Hybrid?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Coyote, Wolf or Some Sort of Hybrid?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Even a small deer ahould be 3x the size of a huge coyote. I've been involved in hunting of well over 1000 coyotes and the biggest I've ever seen went 55 pounds, this is a monster. In general if you shot 100 coyotes, maybe 2-3 would go near 40 pounds, and if a yearling buck like this one would go 130-150 pounds on the hoof in Mo. it will sure look a lot larger than a 35 pound coyote I don't care how long its fur is. If the picture hasn't been fooled with that dog has to weigh 100 pounds, ain't no coyote. by the way, a wolf was killed by a bowhunter near Trenton Mo. a couple of years ago and this was verified by the Conservation Dept, so it can happen. the nearest wolf population to us is in UP of Michigan as far as I know.

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
looks like some sorta sheperd cross mix. now if that was a coues deer the sizes wouldnt be all that far apart lol lol

Posts: 337 | Location: flagstaff az | Registered: 16 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My brother-in-law has a dog that's part wolf, part Malemute that looks very near the same as the picture. He weighs maybe 180 lbs.

Posts: 1450 | Location: Dakota Territory | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote