Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting Lions
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted
well, I just got back from my first lion hunt.....Mountain Lion that is, and a fine time in Utah.....about an hour south of Salt Lake City.

I wasn't treated well by the weather in Utah and can't blame that on anyone.....nor will I try...I arrived just in time to be a part of the fifth worst snowstorm in Utah history. As a result I didn't hunt lions much at all and I'd like to compliment my outfitter for trying his darndest to make something out of a disaster...John Hiskey of Lone tree outfitters and his crew busted their bunns trying to get me a cat.....but the only cat that they got was a Caterpillar to retrieve my truck from a mountain pass where it's 4X4 proved useless.

John was kind enopugh to envite me back for a March hunt as my tag will still be valid then.

Utah is a spectacular place and I had a great time there.....I took my Labrador with me and he loved being shut in as I did...

This was my first experience with Lone Tree Outfitters and I can honestly say that while my hunt didn't turn out successful, it wasn't for lack of effort on the part of my outfitter. John and his crew was truly first class and I'd go back to them any day.....

Life has no guarantees....nor should we want them....they'd be just too expensive!!!

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
For what it's worth here's a fired 2 3/4" 12 Ga shell for comparison with a cougar track.

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote