New
Find
Notify
Tools

Powderhorn outifitters Wyoming ??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Powderhorn outfitters of Dan Powers run the hunting operation of the Flitner ranch - Hideout
Who know this outfitter ?
http://www.powderhorn-outfitters.com/index.htm
thanks

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Damn mario. What are you doing a search of every halfassed outfitter around.

When and if you talk to these guys,ask them how the hunting is going up on the indian reservation. They'll know what you're talking about.

Posts: 837 | Location: wyoming | Registered: 19 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
what happen in the Indian reservation ?
Please help me. I will come from Italy, I will do a very long trip, and I want have a very good hunt.

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well super mario,just ask them about the indian reservation. You'll hear some whinning and denial.

So are you really from Italy,or just fucking around on the net,with that half assed broken english,which judging from your other posts is only broken when you want it to be? You seem to always find the same garbage outfitters,in the same general area of wyoming. Yet you claim you know nothing of the area. So what makes you keep picking this area?

[ 11-30-2003, 23:43: Message edited by: RMK ]

Posts: 837 | Location: wyoming | Registered: 19 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
yes I come from Italy, I live in the Alps mountain in the north. I like very much the Rockies and my dream is to get the wonderful elk.
I look for a private ranch with a very confortable accomodation and a very high number of bulls.
I never seen before Wyoming, just Colorado and Montana. So searching in the web I found the web site of Flitner ranch and I think is very interesting. But for my choice is not very important the state, most important is too find the right place for hunt. I use the forum for to find informations abotu this palce.
Another interesting place is in Colorado, the Three Forks ranch:
www.threeforksranch.com

I will ask informations also about this ranch.

Sorry for my english, but normally I speak italian.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mario
I'm don't anything about the outfitters in question, but check out this site.

http://www.huntinfo.com/o&g.htm

Look at the outfitter reviews.

I used them to find Flatwillow Creek Outfitters in MT and was very please with the result.

Posts: 449 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mario, look, if you are serious and can afford it you can live your dream. It would be very hard to beat Ted Turner's Flying D ranch in western Montana. I personally have no love for Ted, but he does practice sound management on his ranch and there are a number of wild (non-high-fenced)trophy bulls running around on his place...or so I've been told. [Big Grin]

Posts: 210 | Location: Montana | Registered: 30 December 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
RMK,

Mario is logging in from Europe.

Posts: 68789 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
<Herb D>
posted
Mario,

I hunted for a couple of weeks within a few miles of 3Forks Ranch and met several hunters who hunted there. All were very satisfied with their take and also with the accomodations. I say, "go for it"!

The mountains in that area however, do not compare to the Alps but are nevertheless very scenic.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys,
see outside the window, I can confirm: I live in italy in the Alps montain, today plenty of fresh snow!

Three years ago I hunted elk in Montana with the famous Billy Stockton: no private ranch, plenty of hunters, few elks, bad accomodation.This time I dont want miss. Off course ther'are many interesting places for hunt the elk. Flyng D in one of this, but is very expensive and a long list of booking.

Threeforks have a higher succes rate of Flitner and I think ( I hope ) is a good destination. The price in the two ranches is quite expensive, but is less of Flyng D, Vermejo etc

one of us
posted Hide Post
I suggest you utilize the services of a good booking agent. It will not cost you any more money and your results will consistently be much better than what you could do yourself.

Posts: 156 | Location: Gray, Tennessee | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Three Forks Ranch is a reputable outfit, and while the elk aren't always "the biggest", there are plenty of legal bulls and a pretty good hunter-success ratio.

Posts: 2 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I dont look for the world record Elk, just a good 6x6.
Yet in montana I was very stupid: the first day I saw a 4x4 and I havent shot.