THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    My Dad's Gun on Cover of Amer. Rifleman

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Dad's Gun on Cover of Amer. Rifleman
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of JLHeard
posted
If you get the American Rifleman, you'll see my dad's custom gun on the cover. As of right now I know it's a CZ action, but none of the spec's. He left me a voicemail. When I know some more particular's I'll post them.

I thought it was pretty cool.

------------------
It is not enough to fight for natural land and the west; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it's still there. So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends...Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to the body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much: I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those deskbound men with their hearts in a safe-deposit box and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this: you will outlive the bastards.

- Edward Abbey

Posts: 580 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
<Gary Rihn>
posted
I'll have to look for it. Congrats!

I wonder if they'd be interested in *my* latest custom project? The camo spray paint is almost dry on the stock...

one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
Hmmm...I guess I'm confused. The rifle on this month's "American Rifleman" appears to be an out-of-the-box CZ 550 topped with a Tasco of some sort. Am I looking at the right magazine?

RSY

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had that magazine in my hand as I read your post. I was looking at both the mag and the computer. Too funny!

------------------
Shane Marquardt

Posts: 179 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 02 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JLHeard
posted Hide Post
Gents,

I have a correction to make. There has been a misunderstanding between my dad and I.

A few months ago Sam Fadala of Rifle magazine did an article on a local gunsmith. My dad uses this gunsmith (don't want to completely spoil the article) a lot and two of his guns may be mentioned/shown in the article. When it comes out. My dad told me about this.

In the meantime my dad bought a CZ 527. And when AR put a 527 on the cover, he told me, "My gun's on the cover of AR". Meaning the type of gun he just bought, not "his" gun. I thought he was talking about the article he'd mentioned to me earlier.

This was my mistake and I apologize for the mistake and any confusion.

------------------
It is not enough to fight for natural land and the west; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it's still there. So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends...Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to the body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much: I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those deskbound men with their hearts in a safe-deposit box and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this: you will outlive the bastards.

- Edward Abbey

[This message has been edited by JLHeard (edited 10-08-2001).]

Posts: 580 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote