Find
Notify
Tools

Discounted Hunts
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted
I'll post it here as not to offend the "discounted hunts forum"... but are you serious? The discounted hunts on that forum are like the discounts Cabela's offers during sales or in the Bargain Cave... negligible.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
"Offered and Discounted Hunts"

They don't have to be a discounted hunt to post there.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
Correct - I am talking about the prices for the hunts that are specifically called out as discounted.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some people can't tell the difference between a free-market and a smoke-screen. Some people rely heavily on that premise.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
If a hunt is originally $50,000.00 and discounted to $35,000.00 it is still expensive but you can hardly call the discount "negligible".

It is exactly the same as a $5,000.00 hunt being discounted to $3,500.00.

30% discount, right?

___________________________________________________________________________________

Give me the simple life; an AK-47, a good guard dog and a nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store.

Posts: 820 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
Austin Hunter,
I have been able to go on 3 of my "dream" hunts off of that forum at discounts of 45%-50%.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505 gibbs:
Austin Hunter,
I have been able to go on 3 of my "dream" hunts off of that forum at discounts of 45%-50%.

Amen brother! Only 'full priced' hunt I went on - I got screwed! End result of that was he also screwed over the wrong guy who saw to it that he lost his license.

It's like anything else, you have to know where the bargains are. A 'discounted' deer hunt in central TX won't do it for a guy who is trophy hunting for whitetails.

You have to know the area of the hunts (Africa, TX, etc) to know fully if it's a really good deal. It also helps to get a relationship with the regular posters of these hunts to be assured that the hunt you want will be as magical as you imagine or read about in books.

Posts: 1484 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2010Reply With Quote