New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where to buy a moose?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My newly married niece want to buy a moose their new home. It seems that her husband like the looks of mine hanging over the fireplace. Neither is a hunter so getting their own is out of the question. They live near Kansas City.

Any suggestions?

Posts: 276 | Location: hendersonville, nc 28739 | Registered: 18 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try ebay.

Posts: 437 | Location: S.E. Idaho | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sell them yours and go hunt another one.

Jeff

In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is king.

Posts: 784 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 18 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Large antique shops have them.They get them from estate sales.They are pricey,never seen a cheep one.Most cost from 2500-3000 dollars.They are huge too.Like 250# weight.Do some checking around,they are out there.I found a realold tigerskin in a old antique shop onetime in the middle of no where,I asked thelady the price...5000$,Dang i thought that was high!It looked really old and was probley taken in the 1950s...Never no what you will find in the old timey shops!!!! wave

Posts: 3608 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Jackson Mercantile in Jackson, WY always has some moose mounts for sale. Go to: http://www.jacksonmercantile.com/jackson/dept.asp?dp_id...d=11090&sd_id=11091& This will show you some of what they have and prices. They also have a Shiras that is not listed on the web site for $2,995.00

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of gas57
posted Hide Post
At these prices, I have African trophies and bearskin rugs available!

When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults!

Posts: 903 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Those prices seem about right...to obtain a shoulder mount of a bull moose cost about $5000 to $15,000...a do it your self hunt, after everything is said and done is easily 3K..if you have your own 20K boat and other gear. If you live in Fort Yukon, or Galena, or Aniak, or Ruby, it might be cheaper...but you have to live there. An in-expensive Canadian moose hunt is about 5-6K, a world class Alaskan moose hunt is 12K (or more). Taximdermy, on top of that, will run about $1,200 and shipping may be another $700.

That said, I have a very nice bull moose shoulder mount I would be willing to let go for $8,000, plus shipping. Shot in the Canadian Rockys not far from Calgary.

Robert Jobson

Posts: 669 | Location: Alaska, USA | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You might look here http://www.taxidermy.net/ or Cabelas had replicas in the cateloge at one time.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote