New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Blaser Chronicals; R 95 and K 95
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I shot the K 95 Stutzen in 308 today at 200 and 300 yards. Two loads were fired both factory.
1. WW 168 gr Ballistic Silvertip. 2.Federal 165 Trophy Bonded Bearclaw.
The rifle was fired prone off my pack, no sling.
The 200 yard groups were between 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 inches. The largest 300 yard group was 3 1/2 inches the smallest just over 2 inches. All were 3 shot groups. I did have one called flyer at 300. The mirage was pretty heavy. The K 95 shot groups as good as my buddies Accuracy International Sniper rifle at 300 yards.
The 2 different loads shot about the same accuracy wise.

I put a different scope on the R 93 223 bbl, a S&B 2.5-10x56 that I have had for a long while.
2 factory loads were fired.
1. WW 50 gr Ballistic Silvertip.
2. WW 55 gr Ballistic Silvertip.
The rifle was fired in the same manner as the K 95 except 4 rounds were shot. At 100 yards groups were under 1 inch, many times putting 3 shots touching.
At 200 groups were slightly under 2 inches to 2 1/4 inches.
At 300 yards some of the groups opened up to 4 inches.
I did manage to hit 16 steel bowling pins with 18 shots at 300. After 4 hits I had 2 misses due to the mirage increasing. When I held on the left edge of the pin I mhit the next 12.
This is the standard skinny sporter bbl on the R 93 and she is light on the pack, you really have to watch your trigger press, which is pretty good on the Blaser.
I continur to be suprised how well these Blaser barrels shoot.

I held the 308 "hard" The 223 was allowed to "float" on the pack except for one 200 yard group where I held the rifle "hard". That group [55 gr BalTip] was about 1 3/4 inches.

Tommorrow I hope to shoot the 300 Win Mag bbl out to 400 and 500 yards. thumb

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sodakhntr
posted Hide Post
My best groups with the Blaser have been with the forearm floating (left arm pinching rear bag or supporting rear of stock)and the stock held firmly against the shoulder.

Ted

Posts: 152 | Location: China Spring, Texas | Registered: 18 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You know your posts are very revealing about the Blaser line. They are just too boring. I mean think about it. When you buy one do you need to do a trigger job? No. Do you need to bed the damn thing? No. Should you rebarrel due to a lack of accuracy? No. Can you brag to your friends about the big name expensive gunsmith that reworked the feed lips, bedded the action, etc? No. I've finally got it. People hate the Blaser cause they can't phuch them up! They are ready to go right out of the box and rifle loonies can't take a silk purse and change it into a sow's ear.

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The K95 is just one nice and precise rifle with a great trigger. Additionally, they are much easier to carry than bolt actions.

Dang, if I had to sell all rifles but one I'd feel tempted to keep the one I have in 6.5x57 R...

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote