New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nosler Accubonds Performance on Game
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone have any performance experience on the Nosler Accubond? I know what Nosler says about them and I have heard that they "should" do a great job, but I have not heard of anyone actually killing anthing with one yet.

I have some 225's loaded up in my 338 RUM using RL 22 and they shoot great. Very accurate combination, but I have not been able to get to the mountains with them yet. I hopefully will this fall. WHat I am trying to decide is if I will keep this combo for elk and bear (black) or if I am going to switch to a partition or northfork or something of the like. I had some unimpressive results with my 7mm and the Swift Scirroccos, so I am a little scittish about polymer tipped bullets, but reports say the Accubond is more heavily constructed than the scirroccos and should perform similar to a partition.

If you have used them on deer or bigger, please let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Autumn Pulse

Posts: 33 | Location: WA State | Registered: 30 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
I wasn't able to shoot anything w/ my .280/160NAB or .338/225NAB but my wet pack tests show that they do indeed perform close to the NP. A bit more exp. w/ a bit less penetration. I wouldn't hesitate to use them on elk size game. Next season I hope to have proven this.

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Autumn Pulse

A relative of mine have used the 160 grain in a 7mm mag. The performance has been pretty much like the partition. The bullet was used on European wildboar, Fallow deer and roe deer.

Cheers
/ JOHAN

one of us
Picture of todbartell
posted Hide Post
I shot a black bear last was with a 160 gr. Nosler Accubond out of my 7saum. Impact velocity was approx. 2600 fps. Bear was quartering towards me, and bullet entered between right shoulder and front of his chest, through the heart/lungs, and exited the rear of the left ribcage. Bear made 2 leaps and fell dead as a stone.

I look forward to using these Accubonds in the future, they are very accurate on paper.

Posts: 857 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: 03 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've heard that they are going to introduce a .257 115 gr accubond this summer. Anyone know if this is true?

Posts: 96 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 28 January 2004Reply With Quote