Find
Notify
Tools

2008 South Dakota deer
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bisonhunter1
posted
Okay, this is obviously late, but hey, I'm slow at figuring out how to do the photos thing (posting) on here.

Anyway, I took this deer in Nov 2008 in western South Dakota in Jackson county while hunting at/with the folks at the TriAngle Ranch B&B. This was taken on the 3rd eveing of hunting with my Ruger M77 in .25-06 using 110 gr. Nosler Accubonds in my own reloads. A nice whitetail, should have been one with 11 points, but he busted a point off on his right side and it might be hard to see the small extra point on the same right side too.

Enjoy,
Willi

Posts: 576 | Location: Post Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good Job!! Nice Buck. dancing

One of Us
Picture of friarmeier
posted Hide Post
Super!

Is Jackson Co. in the south east part of the state, on the Missouri?

friar

Our liberties we prize, and our rights we will maintain.

Posts: 1222 | Location: A place once called heaven | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
Nice buck!

One of Us
Picture of bisonhunter1
posted Hide Post
Friarmeier -- No, Jackson county is in the western part of the state, east of Rapid City x about 1 hour on I-90 and then I was about 10 miles or so north of the exit off the Interstate. Closest city of any size was Phillip, SD and then that wasn't all that big really either.

Posts: 576 | Location: Post Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 February 2006Reply With Quote