New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got a nice little black yesterday
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A bear trashed my camp a week ago and ate my quad seat so I have been in a bit of a foul mood lately..I work in forestry and spend a lot of time in the bush.. Moved to a new area and went for a walk after work yesterday at about 7 oclock. walked down a pipeline turned around and a little black had came out onto the trail 40 yards behind me.He was eating and did not seem to know I was there. Slipped the safety off of the cz 375 and pushed a 260 grain accubond into his shoulder.. He jumped like a bucking horse, ran a few feet on his back legs ,let out a terrible bawl and died.Not anywhere near the biggest bear I have shot but a nice hide nonetheless.ON a sad not a tree planter was mauled by a black by edson alberta two days ago.She will live but needs a lot of plastic surgery.Other planters were hitting the bear with sticks and rocks but he would not get off her.Everything is greening up nice here but the bears are being a nuisance.. One was tranquilized on the north side of edmonton a week ago. Big city with a bear wandering down the streets.Scare the heck out of you if you were walking one of those yappy little dogs...

Posts: 227 | Location: Edmonton | Registered: 10 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your bear. I also just hunted up there and got 2 bears.

Does Alberta happen to publish the bear/human encounters? Not hunting, but attacks?

I'm curious what the statistics are for attacks and where.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
posted Hide Post
I hear of a few attacks every year, mostly from blacks but sometimes a grizzly..I have had more trouble by far with the blacks but mabey that is because of their numbers.I am still pissed at having to replace my quad seat.....Bears bite in and spit out the foam...

Posts: 227 | Location: Edmonton | Registered: 10 March 2003Reply With Quote