New
Find
Notify
Tools

Found a uniqe mount today
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'd sure mount a drop horn like this one!

Little GS I visited today got a pic of all the mounts, cut out all the electronics as well since it was a gun shop, radio shack, and electrical supply store.

Wouldn't mind catching a trout like that one as well. I don't know about the bugling white tail however! Wink

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
The deer on the right is a good one and both of those goats are bigger than mine.....the 4 pointer however isn't even legal in most of Missouri

were they for sale

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of oakman
posted Hide Post
WOW,that broken horn antelope was mounted by myself,Capp's Taxidermy Studio LLC of Montana back in the 90's. The antelope only.It looks like it has been sun faded--no color left in the face and neck. It came out of southwestern Montana. It was a natural rack,was broken by the antelope and then healed and had a strong skull/horn when taken. Small world!! patriot

life member of SCI
life member of NRA
NTA
Master Scorer SCI
Scorer for Rowland Ward

www.african-montana-taxidermy.com

Posts: 241 | Location: Montana USA | Registered: 01 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't think the mounts were for sale,but I didn't ask. While it was cool I don't think I could buy somebody's trophy for myself to display. The sun had faded all the mounts but they were still neat to look at.

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oakman:
WOW,that broken horn antelope was mounted by myself,Capp's Taxidermy Studio LLC of Montana back in the 90's. The antelope only.It looks like it has been sun faded--no color left in the face and neck. It came out of southwestern Montana. It was a natural rack,was broken by the antelope and then healed and had a strong skull/horn when taken. Small world!! patriot

You sure it the same Antelope>?
There must be a million between that store and southwestern Montana and I saw a crooked horn one like that about 4 years ago on the place that taylorce1's dad runs cattle on. Probably 75 miles from where that mount is hanging.
Not arguing but it wouldn't be the only broke horn antelope out there.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd wager a taxidermist knows his work, especially of the mount had grass coming out of its mouth.

Posts: 783 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: 14 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know why you would put crested wheat grass in an antelope' mouth (should have put a banana there), but then again I've never observed a whitetail deer bugling either.

Posts: 101 | Location: Somewhere between Canada and Mexico | Registered: 01 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of utcb
posted Hide Post
I've hunted a bit in southwest Wyoming for speed goats and you see the occasional broken horn & non-typical buck there. A good friend of mine shot a nice buck we called 'unicorn' because it had a third 4" horn growing out of the middle of his nose.

I do think Moose_drool is on to something - you can find broken horned antelope to hunt, but where on earth do you go for bugling whitetails?

Posts: 34 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 22 January 2012Reply With Quote