Find
Notify
Tools

black bear, how hard to kill?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No bag limit.

Posts: 1928 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 30 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info

Posts: 19443 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Dogleg,

You can really trap bears? If so I've never heard that before but I've never hunted Saskatchewan. I go to Alberta quite a bit with a friend who guides there. Or are you talking about the bait?

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2804 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We've always been able to trap bear on the RTLs, property owners (usually livestock owners) can use any method to kill any predator except for a swift fox and bee-keepers can kill any bear within 1 km of their hives. As of this year bear can also foot-snared in the Southern zones. We can also trap cougars.

Trapping beavers for bait on open water is more fun than guarding a barrel though. Trapping them through the ice is a poor excuse for a hobby but my way is fun.

Posts: 1928 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 30 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think Maine has a trapping season also. Most likely AK also.

Posts: 19443 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think Quebec, and maybe still something in the maritimes.

edit* Nova Scotia,

There might be others.