THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Accubond exit hole. Caution on blood.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Accubond exit hole. Caution on blood.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This is in a 4 pt whitetail buck shot in the spine at 150 yds with a .277" 140 gr Accubond starting at 3175 fps and striking at an estimated 2900 fps. The cartridge is the 270 WSM.

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Ok, what is the "caution on blood?" By the way, congrats on the deer!

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

<allen day>
posted
Good work, and good shot-placement!

It appears as though that 140 gr. Accu-Bond worked beautifully.

AD

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm puzzled...Why is it a good thing to hit a deer in the spine?

No doubt he isn't going antwhere, but I find that too much of those good backstraps are wasted. I'd much rather waste front shoulder meat than backstraps.

No flame intended, just puzzled.

Bill

Posts: 109 | Location: IL | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted Hide Post
Last week I shot a MD doe and 2 goats with my 300Win. I used 180 gr. Accubond bullets. All 3 basically dropped in their tracks a shoulder hit on the deer and double lung on the goats. The damage was substantial on the deer, but I don't use the shoulder meat for much except sauasge anyway, but it was ugly. I may try TSX next fall just to see if the damage is as bad.

Posts: 1072 | Location: Pine Haven, Wyo | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote