Find
Notify
Tools

Late season turkey and buck (pics)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of IdahoVandal
posted
Hey all! My son rattled in his first buck using a couple of sheds (of course) and a bleet call. 168 TSX from his '06 (only 110 yards) and he fell.

About 2 hours later we went a searchin' for a Thanksgiving turkey and about 30 came strolling out of the treeline crossing on open field, he shot this one with his 12 gauge at about 20 yards. What a day! Happy Thanksgiving!

IV

minus 300 posts from my total
(for all the times I should have just kept my mouth shut......)

Posts: 844 | Location: Moscow, Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
That is great. Seems to be a lot of us that like that 30.06 and 168 TSX combo. That is a great load in my rifle with 55.0 H4350.

How about you? Powder?

Tell your son congratulations! You guys have a great Thanksgiving too.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
Picture of IdahoVandal
posted Hide Post
This load is using 49.5 of H4895 of all things. Its a savage 110 with a 22" bbl. I can put in up to 52.5 before pressure but the chrony showed absolutely no gain in velocity (go figure) so I decided why burn the extra powder? I am still amazed at how well it shoots for being a bone stock $225 rifle. A lot of people downplay Savage 110's but for the money? It shoots this particular load about .750.

IV

minus 300 posts from my total
(for all the times I should have just kept my mouth shut......)

Posts: 844 | Location: Moscow, Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey IV, Give your son a BIG old congrulations from old Hot Core. A Deer and a Turkey on the same day is just fantastic.

Really good to hear that such places still exist.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote