THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    NPR Story: "Endangered Wolves Make a Comeback"

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NPR Story: "Endangered Wolves Make a Comeback"
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted
I'd like to have your comments on this.

NPR's Elizabeth Arnold reports on the wolves as part of a year-long series on the 30th anniversary of the act.

This is the first part of a TWO part story. Looks like the greenies dominate the first story (of course).

--------------------------------------------

SIDE NOTE:

Particluarly intresting to me in this story are the comments made by former Secretary of Interior, Bruce Babbit. I shared a flight from Denver to Los Angeles with him, where we exhanged buying eachother rounds of drinks. I was 18 at the time and heavily involved with our family business of providing emergency services for the state and federal government during forest fires, floods, and earthquakes in California. So it was interesting to sit next to the Secretary of the Interior and hear his comments on managing forest fires and the land in general. Even to an 18 year old youngster, it was blantantly obvious that he was, well... all bark and no bite... all hat and no cattle... had an alligator mouth and a hummingbird ass... however you want to say it.

MY POINT: Politicians who provide money for these programs don't have a REAL grasp on the situation at hand. Most of their rhetoric is the typical political double-talk. Often, spewing comments that lean hard to the left. That was a valuable lesson to learn for a young man like myself.

------------------------------------------------------------------
At any rate, give this a listen and don't forget to tune into the second half tomorrow. It should be interesting.

NPR Story on Wolves

or here:

http://www.npr.org/display_pages/features/feature_1682559.html

Thanks for your comments!

-"Kenati"

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Always a good way to stir up a fight on AR - even better than the .45-70 of the africa page.

I only heard part of it but liked what I heard. Vegetation is changing. Cool. I have no problem with that. But then I'm a greenie with a gun (or rather a lot of guns). Didn't hear the rest. Can't seem to pull up the audio track.

Too bad you didn't pour your drink over Babbitt's head. I rather dislike him and his rubbernecked behavior, but for different reasons I suspect.

Brent

Posts: 2257 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I remember when "Babbit the Rabbit" was governor of Arizona. Didn't much like him then and dislike him even more now. The guy always struck me as some kind of wimp with enough coin to buy his way into politics.
I think that if I was forced to sit next to him on an airplane, I'd either ask for another seat or please give me a parachute so I can exit the plane. That is just how low my opinion of him is.
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted Hide Post

That's pretty damn funny fellas!

It's amazing how much more conservative I've become over 8 short years. I mean, our entire family, including myself, has always been right of Rush Limbaugh and I seriously doubt I could sit next to the limp wristed Babbit today. As I said before, a four hour conversation with him kept me pointed in the RIGHT direction (pun intended). HA!

I'm anxious to hear tomorrow's story.

I noticed NPR was somewhat fair and put links to the Montana Stockgrowers Assoc. on the wolf story page. A meager attempt to be non-biased, but better than nothing.

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote