Find
Notify
Tools

hunting scenery
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of jb
posted
here is what it looks like where I am hunting this year. one has a picture of my deer stand.the other has the downed whitetail.Can you spot them?

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice looking deer habitat, I wish I was ther to hunt it. Don't see any "downed deer" or deer stand in the pics.

Robin down under

Posts: 265 | Location: Rocky Mtn. Hse., Alberta | Registered: 09 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't see the stand, but the deer I think is in the lower right corner of the top pic. Just about an inch above the time, kind of looks like something is there through the branch.

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
I think I see your stand in picture #1 in the tall trees that are the backdrop left of center a bit. Process of elimination says the downed deer is in picture #2 but I haven't ID'd it yet.
Nice looking country, the boggy stuff kinda reminds me of Alaska.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
the deer is in pic #2,the stand in #1

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey JB, Nice flicks.

The Deer Stand is just to the "Left" of the Whitest Tree. You can see the Horizontal Line of the Railing above the Dark spot.

If a person was in the Stand, the first flick is from the left of the Stand, of course pointed toward the Stand. The second flick was taken from inside the Stand looking to the right.

Don't see the Deer though. I either need a Higher Power Lens, a BIGGER Deer, or for the Deer to move slightly - for my old eyes. Wink

Looks like a fine place to hunt.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
pretty good,hot core.heres the deer and the deer stand. your idea about where the pics were taken are spot on.good eyethumb the deer was trying to get a drink when i got it,but the pond was frozen over.and no,its not a very big deer.but we can take three this year.its a tasty start.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM