New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interbond performance on deer
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The first pics show a mature doe hit at 70 yds by a 308 win w/ a 150 gn Interbond. Est muz vel of 2800. The shot hit both lungs, normal entrance, bigger-than-expected exit. The doe ran about 40 yds. If you look closely, there is also a fragment hole about an inch from the main exit wound, which was about 1.5 in across (look on the hide). I expected the bullet to hold together better, but am pleased with the performance.

-

-

This pic is of another mature doe hit at about 300 yds using a 300RUM (muz vel around 3400). The picture is taken from straight away from the spine, and shows entrance, exit, and the damage. The 180 gn Nos BT hit high and broke the back (there was another yearling in front of her--I shot over its head, making for a hit I don't prefer). Normal entrance and a smaller-than-expected exit. I was afraid that the damage might be pretty extensinve from a hit through so much bone, but it wasn't extrodinary (about 1.5-2 in exit). The bullet only went through 6" of deer. The bullet seems to have fragmented though and ruined a portion of the backstrap. There is alot of bloodshot animal there. Wish there was a 180 interbond or accubond!

-

All said, I like the interbonds. They shoot well and so far seem to work fine. Sorry I don't have anything more difinitive yet--we'll try to use them a bit more this year and I'll post more pics if requested. I'm also trying out the 200 accubonds for my 300, but I haven't had much cooperation from the elk yet!

Posts: 159 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 11 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry if the pics are confusing. The deer are partially skinned so you can see the holes in the body and in the hide. Both deer were hanging, but I didn't rotate the pics on the first two! Sorry!

[ 11-08-2003, 01:25: Message edited by: mikea ]

Posts: 159 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 11 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
mikea... interesting to me as I am going to give the interbonds hornady, a good run on some feral hogs I am going to clean up on. I will be useing a 270 winchester.

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote