Notify
Tools

Guide references
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Seamus O'Grady
posted
Hey Guys,

Anyone have recommendations on guides in the Pacific NW that you have heard about or have experience with?

My son and I paid for a guided bear hunt outside of Colville, WA last summer and were not completely satisfied.

Am looking for bear and elk guides at fair prices that will work hard just like I do at my job. Would prefer to hunt in Washington state.

Any sincere suggestions or leads would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 567 | Location: Washington | Registered: 21 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Seamus,

Have you let the guide know you were not happy with your hunt?

Often the good ones will try to make it good. Of course that may be the problem here.

I am not booking for anyone in Washington now, just Saskatchewan. There are a lot of black bear there.

jim dodd

------------------
"if you are to busy to
hunt, you are too busy."

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
<Alberta John>
posted
check out huntinfo.com they have a very extensive section of outfitter reviews..you can check by state..good luck!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I would love to know which outfitter you used
from that area, I had a bad experience with
an outfitter from Collville, WA

Posts: 32 | Location: georgia usa | Registered: 01 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Seamus O'Grady
posted Hide Post
Hotweatherhunter,

We are talking BEARPAW OUTFITTERS. Details: We hunt the guides sleep, filthy vehicles, contaminated drinking water, filthy coolers, no shots on game, inexperienced guide, the outfitter complaining about needing to keep ther guides "fresh". I could go on.

Posts: 567 | Location: Washington | Registered: 21 February 2002Reply With Quote