Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Mulie vs. Whitetail
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted
Good question. In Texas ... or at least, in my county ... I call the game warden and he will come out and identify the deer. If he thinks it is more Whitetail, you use your Whitetail tag, if it is more Mulie, use your Mulie tag.

Now, Mule Deer season is a 16 day season that lies in the middle of the two month Whitetail season, in this area, so if you shoot a hybrid, better do it during Mulie season.

If one is 25/75, it should be obvious what to tag it as. But, if a deer is 50/50 what will he say? (I have a good idea, I just want to hear theories from the audience)

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
I have seen two deer that I can say, without a doubt, were Mulie/Whitetail crosses. One was a doe and one was a buck.

It makes for a very interesting looking deer.

Are the female crosses sterile?

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I took film footage of the deer with the digital camera. The format ( .MOV ) is not one I can edit. The file size is huge at 10 Meg, I can not figure out how to convert it to .mpg or another file type that can be edited on Windows Movie Maker.

Anyone with any advice on this? I also took footage of one of my Stags hell bent on ripping a small cedar tree out of the ground. They are in the middle of the roar now and it is a sight to see him and his 10 girlfriends.

Wendell, I'm sending you a PM in case you haven't gotten the format conversion worked out yet.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote