THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Big Louisiana Buck 215 7/8" non typical
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big Louisiana Buck 215 7/8" non typical
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
to the point booby. i think you stated "As long as it's legal, I would never question how someone else hunts. I just wish some folks would bother to get their "facts" straight before regurgitating their babble all over the 'net..

ok the facts are that these bucks are score by Boone and crocett or pope and young.
the B&C organization Hunt Fair Chase makes the following statement...
Hunting is an intensely personal experience fraught with personal choices. Consider the contrast between what is legal and what is ethical. It is difficult to conceive of a situation in hunting where the commission of an illegal act could be considered ethical. But, the inverse is not only possible, but also common. In short, legality describes the outside boundaries within which ethical choices are made.
The point is, there are many things in the hunting and habitat management world that are legal, yet can be considered by some to be unethical.

2nd fact is that both these scoreing grops disavow any deer shot in the manners of high fence.
further they say "If hunting is to survive to be practiced by future generations, we must preserve, enhance, and protect the image of hunting, hunters, and land stewards as a positive force in wildlife conservation. "

many people dont feel that selectivly breeding an wild animal to have a single desired and unnatural characteristic is unethical and is not a posive thing for thae wildlife.

Posts: 3986 | Location: in the tall grass "milling" around. | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M16:
quote:
as well i have looked at the pictures and fail to find a single bag of grain, Rolex or cadilac SUV.
so, at the very least the hunter from LA has shown modesty.

Very interesting. If it's not in the picture it didn't happen?

By the way you could be a tad modest yourself. That sure looked like a Steyr SBS you were holding in the picture with your deer. Wouldn't a Savage or Stevens been a bit more modest? There also was a truck in your photo. Did you possibly shot the deer from the truck? It was in the photo after all.

it was, good eye. it was camo stocked 30-06 prohunter. great shooter too. i picked the rifle w/ rings and bases up for $425 and put a leupold rifleman on top. i think i was shooting 180 gr hornady factory SP's. made a nice 135 yard shot on the 4th rib and out the 5th on a slow moving buck attempting to run a fawn off its mother. he made it about 30 yards and piled up. i wasnt hunting over any bait while i was using an old tomcat 1 climber on a very sad looking pine tree on the top of a ridgeline. i sold that rifle, should have kept it but hey "easy come easy go".

Posts: 3986 | Location: in the tall grass "milling" around. | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't take being called a liar lightly,

strange, you seem to take truth lightly.

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Well, KSTEPHENS, regarding a buck that was killed on LOW-FENCED, public land that spanned more than 10,000 acres -- and killed with a bow -- you said:

"we also dont call shooting deer in a pen "hunting".
-------

I am willing to listen to and respect any point of view. But stop the broad generalizations.

That's the way PETA and the HSUS argue their cases.

In Texas, less than 1% of the land is under high fence. And many of us do hunt via spot and stalk or still hunting methods. Yet you choose to lump all of Texas under one umbrella.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9412 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kidding, and questions asside, would you do everyone a favor and reduce the size of those pictures in you sig line! They take up a lot of bandwidth, over, and over again.

i cut out two of them. you can read about it on the "bigger texas buck" page, but the two that are there are going to stay for quite a while.

in montana, a man can have 10,000 sheep on his place, but if he has even half a dozen steers also, then he calls himself a cattleman. i imagine it is the same anywhere. charlie russell (a montanan) painted, sculpted, sketched and depicted every kind of animal in the west thousands of times over, but never one sheep. we eat it once a year to show that there are no hard feelings, but for the rest of the year, the woolies are worthless.

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
If I ran sheep, I'd probably have to put up with you volunteering to "tend" the flock.

yet another lie from bobby.

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
tasunkawitko wrote:
quote:
strange, you seem to take truth lightly

At least I can RECOGNIZE the TRUTH.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9412 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Guys lets take this to another thread, or back to the one where this started, and leave Mr. Snellstrom to his gloow, in the harvest of a fine Whitetail deer, with his bow!

i agree. i suggest you urge bobby to issue an apology.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bobby Tomek:
tasunkawitko wrote:
quote:
strange, you seem to take truth lightly

At least I can RECOGNIZE the TRUTH.

another lie? or simply mistaken?

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Guys lets take this to another thread, or back to the one where this started, and leave Mr. Snellstrom to his gloow, in the harvest of a fine Whitetail deer, with his bow!

A little correction. Mr. Snellstrom is not the one who shot the deer. He posted a picture that was emailed to him.

We all need to learn to live with this if we post a picture of a deer. There is now a need for an immediate internet investigation into all aspects of how the animal was killed. Gone are the days when you could just congratulate the "hunter."

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jesus, this thread is pathetic. I wish I had the time back I wasted reading this garbage.

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana Bunduki:
Jesus, this thread is pathetic. I wish I had the time back I wasted reading this garbage.

....................AMEN!

Unfortunetly it is always this way on forums where mostly deer hunters post!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
agreed, mac -

any time you get a group of strong-minded, individualistic men together to talk hunting or shooting, this is going to happen. i am DAMN glad that this isn't some place that is over-moderated and everyone goes around slapping each other on the back with constipated-looking grins on their faces! beer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
i guess you have decided without facts and I have reserved commment until they are in.
please tell the name of a highfence range or whitetail breeding farm in that parish and i will apologize to you.

no takers?

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
KS-

What the hell difference does it make if there's a high-fenced operation in the locale?

It has NOTHING to do with the rest of the area, now does it???

That's the point I have been trying to drive home to you for endless pages now, but it just doesn't get across, does it?

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tasunkawitko:
agreed, mac -

any time you get a group of strong-minded, individualistic men together to talk hunting or shooting, this is going to happen. i am DAMN glad that this isn't some place that is over-moderated and everyone goes around slapping each other on the back with constipated-looking grins on their faces! beer

There is nothing strong minded about being hard headed, and an ass, just for the sake of causeing trouble!

I've been posting on AR this time since June 2000, and about five years before that on the old web-site, and the only place this happens is on the political forum, and the deer hunter's hang outs. There are donni-brooks on any forum, but not like those two places. The rest of AR is no more over-moderated than this forum. Just about the only time this happens on the other forums, is when some of the regulars from these two forums, come on them, talking crap they know nothing about! I find the problem to be a lack of common manners, and blatent bias, for the most part, and a total disregard for the poster who starts a thread, as in this case.

I guess that goes along with being young and full of piss, and vinegar, and an un-willingness to see past your nose.

You must admit that when a person paints a whole 300,000 sq mile state as being pen hunters, simply because you saw a high fence opperation on the net,and has never set foot in that state, is on the BIAS SIDE, especially when his own state has more shooting pens, per capita, than the state he's cussing.

DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Holy shit guys can we stop this bickering!
I thought some folks would be interested in seeing a big Whitetail, didn't know it would start this kind of BS.

I really hope this is only a fad and the next time I post a photo of a big Buck or Grouse or Bull that I don't have to endure this kind of horse shit.
The way this is going I'd like to remove my name from the top of the page(started the thread) and be done with it.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
hey dave nice deer Big Grin

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ON the question of bloat and ruined meat, I suspect much perfectly good meat is wasted each year based on bloat and the smell that goes with it, as its not particularly appetizing...

In reality overnight bloat seldom ruins the meat and once reduced to hanging carcass in the butcher shop, in most cases the meat is still excellent..spoilage usually begins in the throat and that can be cut away..

Some countries and Africa being one of them, have no problems with not gutting an animal for up to 24 hours or birds until they truly spoil.

Amazing how we Americans shudder when we get more than a 50 miles from a super market or a deep freeze, but that's also a good thing I suppose.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snellstrom:
Holy shit guys can we stop this bickering!
I thought some folks would be interested in seeing a big Whitetail, didn't know it would start this kind of BS.

I really hope this is only a fad and the next time I post a photo of a big Buck or Grouse or Bull that I don't have to endure this kind of horse shit.
The way this is going I'd like to remove my name from the top of the page(started the thread) and be done with it.

I agree!
....................BYE! wave

DRSS Charter member

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

one of us
posted Hide Post

I'd like to teach the world to sing
In perfect harmony
I'd like to hold it in my arms
And keep it company
I'd like to build the world a home
And furnish it with love
Grow apple trees and honey bees
And snow white turtle doves

I'd like to see the world for once
All standing hand in hand,
And hear them echo through the hills
For peace throughout the land.
That's the song that I hear
Let the world sing today
A song of peace that echos on
And never goes away