Find
Notify
Tools

Best Hunting/shooting chat site?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted
I get tired of my wife and her friends going on about �the best� coffee, drinks, etc. and the constant droning about relationship stuff���.

Could you guys recommend a good chat site where people discuss hunting and shooting, or don�t they exist anymore?

Posts: 2507 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kyler Hamann:
I get tired of my wife and her friends going on about �the best� coffee, drinks, etc. and the constant droning about relationship stuff���.

Could you guys recommend a good chat site where people discuss hunting and shooting, or don�t they exist anymore?

Posts: 27 | Location: Los Altos, CA, USA | Registered: 08 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kyler,

We talked about Capstick and Ruark emphasizing the role of booze and cigarettes(now maybe cigars) on safari. These things are important.

Tony H

Posts: 27 | Location: Los Altos, CA, USA | Registered: 08 March 2002Reply With Quote
<J Brown>
posted
Kyler

You seem to have joined the party just as we were blowing off a bit of steam. Just a week ago we were ready to go to blows over the 30-06 V. the 308. If you stick around for a week or two we will be fighting fighting about the PF actions V. CRF actions.

Jason

<Boyd Heaton>
posted
Longrangehunting.com.

------------------
I HUNT LONG RANGE.AND YES I USE MATCHKING'S.

one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
Hey JBrown -
quote:
If you stick around for a week or two we will be fighting about the PF actions V. CRF actions.

You got a problem with PF actions, boy?
If not, then, what's your major malfunction concerning CRF, ya little weenie?
(Let's show him how easily we can get a fight started)

Back to Kyler's original question, this site probably is the best for hunting/SHOOTING stuff, although we do seem to have some very passionate people here who turn every little topic into a personal thing. Not ME, of course, it's the others who do that

I think Huntamerica.com, huntchat.com, huntinfo.com and 24hrcampfire.com lean a little more toward the HUNTING/shooting side of the equation.

R-WEST

[This message has been edited by R-WEST (edited 03-10-2002).]

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kyler Hamann, There's really only one other forum site that is as good as accurate reloading and that is WWW.MONSTERMULEYS.COM as far as hunting. Most of the problems I've run into are inexpericed,false informations or wannabe type. I believe accurate reloading poster's for the most part are honest, experienced and willing to exchange info.

------------------

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think I am at the best site there is. I looked around a lot, and keep coming back.

Now HA is new there seems a lot of traffic there. Still here is more. And I HATE HA�s confuse system. Maybe I have not figured it out, but I simply stay here.

Hermann

------------------

Posts: 828 | Location: Europe | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
<GAHUNTER>
posted
Shoot every predator on sight! Autoloaders should be banned from hunting! The 30-06 sucks! The 30-30 is nor really a big game rifle!

There, that should keep things going for a while.

one of us
Picture of Nitro Express
posted Hide Post
Kyler asked about the best "chat" site.

Technically, the sites mentioned so far are forums, where questions and comments are posted over periods of time.

A "chat" site is real-time conversation, typed in at a chat room.

If the question pertained to hunting information exchange sites, then all above answers are correct.

If Kyler is actually looking for a chat site, there are fewer choices, and unfortunately I've found most are not very good.

Dave Watson, host of TV's "Bushnell's Secrets of the Hunt," chats every Monday evening. You have to go to HuntingNet, get a password, sign up for the chat, and then once a week you get a chat password good for the next Monday. Most of the conversation is about deer hunting, and typically centers around someone trying to get Watson to answer a question.

There may be other chat rooms still operating but the few I investigated were very time-consumptive and not particularly interesting.

Posts: 1553 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Although this is not technically a chat site, and I haven't been on the others extensively for comparison purposes, this seems to be a pretty damn good site in my opinion.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
This is the best one on the net, though, I guess we've been getting in touch with our feminin side lately

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
<T/Jazz>
posted
GaHunter I do believe you have eatin to much grits and gravy boy!

I have a several semi-autos and big T.

So what you have against semi-autos?

<Don Martin29>
posted
To comment on live, typed chat as Nitro Express correctly defines it. I have tried a hunting room a couple of times on MSN chat and only once did I meet some guy in GA who really knew something about guns. He had a .219 Donaldson Wasp. It was fun for that moment but too much time was wasted on trivial comments. That must be why I have not gone back there for part of a year.

But if a site like this one had live chat I would say hello. If I were the owner of this site I don't think I would spend a lot of money to add it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
You are on the BEST site right now.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
I agree this is the best site, I was only trying to get people to remember what the site is devoted to and get back to the IMPORTANT things in life.
Thanks for the input though,
Kyler

Posts: 2507 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Well Kyler you know what they say about idle minds being the devils workshop, why don't you share some hog shooting experience with us instead. Sure sounds interesting!

Mark

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Any site that doesn't do a "BEST"
topic every other day.

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
<allen day>
posted
Ditto what Terry said..........

AD