THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    movie identity ? stewart grainger/ fess parker

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

movie identity ? stewart grainger/ fess parker
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
about 30 years ago i saw two different movies .one with stewart grainger hunting man eating tiger in india . the other i think was fess parker killing a tiger with a bamboo pole and knife , iwould like to see these movies again does anyone remember the names of these movies and where i could obtain a copy of same or any other good big game movies as they are few and far between

Posts: 148 | Location: brisbane australia | Registered: 07 January 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Only guessing but the Stewart Granger film may have been "Harry Black and The Tiger"(?)

I'll have to think about the other one with Fess Parker but, in the meantime, are you sure it wasn't Jock Mahoney (he resembles Parker somewhat)who played Tarzan in "Tarzan Goes to India"? Sounds like something only Tarzan might do, killing a tiger with a bamboo pole.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That was Stewart in Harry Black and the Tiger, got to be one of my favorite movies. As for the Fess Parker one, dam if I know. Stewart came out of retirement to do a movie with Richard Burton some 24 or so years go. He pretty much got out of doing movies back in the late 1960's. Lives in Spain the last time I had heard. Great actor. He's got to be in his 90's now if he is still alive.

Posts: 1070 | Location: East Haddam, CT | Registered: 16 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If I have a name of an actor or a movie, this usually helps.

www.imdb.com

Of course, if you spell like I do, sometimes it doesn't help!

Joe.

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
thankyou! the fess parker lookalike was dressed like a white hunter and had a son who resented his father for not spending time with him in the movie the son reads his fathers hunting exploits in newspaper clippings.what would we do without the internet live the the life of quietly desperate ignoramuses!!!

Posts: 148 | Location: brisbane australia | Registered: 07 January 2003Reply With Quote