THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Grizzly reintroduction to Colorado, Arizona

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grizzly reintroduction to Colorado, Arizona
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted
https://denver.cbslocal.com/20...ates-to-be-reviewed/

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4737 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Only after grizzly are reintroduced to central park!

Friggin morons......

Posts: 41869 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I am sure they will fuck us and put them in the Gila and Valles Caldera of New Mexico. No reason for them not to.

I am glad for the Coloradans, the place is full of fern feeling weirdos. Maybe it will bring down the population idiots there.

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
The worst part of this is the wacko's have no understanding of the impact of other species and they will not let the state manage them with a hunting season.

They were shot out for a reason..... they don't play well with people and livestock. How many times do these folks like to repeat the same mistake?

Posts: 5709 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The worst part of this is the wacko's have no understanding of the impact of other species and they will not let the state manage them with a hunting season.

For lot of the followers I would say you are correct.

For the hard core they know exactly what will happen.

Less game less hunting less hunting less firearms less reason to own firearms.

Less reason for people in the back country.

Mother earth good people bad.

We are the only enlighten ones capable of managing the world for the good of mother earth.

Posts: 19443 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
"Fern feeling weirdos ..." rotflmo

A friend would call them "window-licking oxygen thieves."
hilbily

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16532 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is only fair that they are put in central park, and the Catskills.

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:

And Thurmont...

And maybe Rock Creek Park...

On later introspection, never mind Thurmont, but definitely Rock Creek Park.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14441 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Colorado Bob
posted Hide Post
I'd rather have grizzlies than wolves.

Posts: 600 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
Or Californians

Regards,

Chuck

Posts: 4737 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buckeyeshooter:
...They were shot out for a reason..... they don't play well with people and livestock. How many times do these folks like to repeat the same mistake?

^^^^^^ This, 1,000 times over ^^^^^^

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1632 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have lived all over the USA thanks to my Uncle Sam.

Growing up in Wyoming and finish school in Montana before I joined the service grizz were really only an issue deep in Yellowstone, and near Glacier park in Montana.

What a difference 30 years makes. Every time we talk about moving back to Montana or Wyoming we have to talk about bears. Bears that didn't exist 30 years ago.

As Boddington says hot and cold running bears. Might as well live in Alaska.

One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
I lived in Western Montana from 1969 to 1980. I was an assistant guide in "the Bob" for five of those years. Saw plenty of grizzlies, was careful, but loved to see them in the wild. I personally would love to see them reintroduced. Yeah we shot out the grizzlies, but we also wiped out the buffalo and eagles as well. Does that mean it was a good idea? I'm pro hunting but also pro wildlife. I guess the folks in Montana, Idaho and Wyoming are made of sterner stuff?

Regards,

Chuck

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chuck375:
Or Californians

Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36869 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just remember it isn't the Grizzly bears that you have to worry about, it is all the regulations and changes that follow the reintroduction that are the problem. Total waste of time and tax payer money.

Posts: 296 | Location: Clyde Park, MT | Registered: 29 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DIs:
Just remember it isn't the Grizzly bears that you have to worry about, it is all the regulations and changes that follow the reintroduction that are the problem. Total waste of time and tax payer money.

tu2

This the over protection expands the problems many fold

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Speaking as one Coloradan, and just for myself personally, we don't need EITHER grizzlies or wolves here!

Posts: 2602 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Or Californians

Sigh...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Posts: 14441 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am fairly positive the population of conservatives in California is probably 4 times the population of conservatives in Colorado.

You mean you don't want any more liberals, no one else does either.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DIs:

True story

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36869 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I did not see Arizona mentioned in the press release... will have to re-read it.

Not sure where they would re-introduce grizzlies in Arizona... maybe the Mogollon Rim? But there are only two wilderness areas there and taken together they total less than 25,000 acres.

Kaibab Plateau or North of Flagstaff on the Colorado Plateau possibly?

Maybe the White Mountains? I'd like to find out more about any plans for grizzly re-introduction here.

Posts: 872 | Location: S. E. Arizona | Registered: 01 February 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am fairly positive the population of conservatives in California is probably 4 times the population of conservatives in Colorado.

You mean you don't want any more liberals, no one else does either.

I would agree with both statements.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I lived in Western Montana from 1969 to 1980. I was an assistant guide in "the Bob" for five of those years. Saw plenty of grizzlies, was careful, but loved to see them in the wild. I personally would love to see them reintroduced. Yeah we shot out the grizzlies, but we also wiped out the buffalo and eagles as well. Does that mean it was a good idea? I'm pro hunting but also pro wildlife. I guess the folks in Montana, Idaho and Wyoming are made of sterner stuff?

Agreed 100%. I'm all in favor of reintroducing grizzlies, wolves, bison, elk, and other native wildlife to their historic range. It makes for a more exciting hunt in my opinion.

Posts: 247 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Agreed 100%. I'm all in favor of reintroducing grizzlies, wolves, bison, elk, and other native wildlife to their historic range. It makes for a more exciting hunt in my opinion

Only if you can hunt them.

The problem is the over regulation you get with the large predators and the absolute protections they receive.

One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
quote:
Agreed 100%. I'm all in favor of reintroducing grizzlies, wolves, bison, elk, and other native wildlife to their historic range. It makes for a more exciting hunt in my opinion

Only if you can hunt them.

The problem is the over regulation you get with the large predators and the absolute protections they receive.

I have zero problems with that Smiler

Regards,

Chuck

One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
One area previously mentioned by federal officials as having potential for grizzlies is southwestern Colorado’s San Juan mountain range.

This was tried once already. Not publicly of course and ended with dead cows and dead bear. They denied it steadfastly including while loading it into their truck.

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Colorado Bob:
I'd rather have grizzlies than wolves.

I completely agree with you.

But, neither is best and either only if they can be hunted. Of course, we all know that hunting them is extremely unlikely.

The underlying problem with all this is liberalism and liberals. I regard them as the greatest danger of all.

Posts: 3877 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They need to dump all the problem bears from Yellowstone to Aspen and Golden.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Gotta love the "fearsome animals bit " . Grizzlies before wolves, definitely.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1630 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
They need to dump all the problem bears from Yellowstone to Aspen and Golden.

Also Dubois,Myrna, and Bondurant...natives will know what to do, transplants will be eaten.

TomP

One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
The problem bears from the more populated areas in Glacier used to be moved to Kintla Lake. I camped out at "beautiful Kintla Lake" as it said in the brochure. You can leave those bears in Montana!

Regards,

Chuck

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As an Arizonan I say go ahead. If they thin out some Californians (sorry to anyone on this board but we got a problem) I will personally donate time and moneyBig Grin

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2852 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote