New
Find
Notify
Tools

Saw a bear today
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Was out deer hunting had about a 200lb black bear come on by that the neighbors chased out on a drive.

To bad we can't shoot them at this time of year they have very thick coats.

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Back when they were still considered vermin instead of a Big Game animal,you could shoot one during the deer season.When they were considered vermin you could hunt them with a small game license in September.Since the DNR upgraded them to Big Game good luck drawing a tag.Everything the DNR touches turns to shit!!! Frowner

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hey, they need new trucks, charge for tags.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6028 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OLBIKER:
Back when they were still considered vermin instead of a Big Game animal,you could shoot one during the deer season.When they were considered vermin you could hunt them with a small game license in September.Since the DNR upgraded them to Big Game good luck drawing a tag.Everything the DNR touches turns to shit!!! Frowner

The year after they changed the regs I had a 300 pounder step out on a deer drive.

Stand there and look at me.

Our bear population is pushing north of 30,000 and it takes years to draw a tag.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I keep accruing preference points since I shot my first (and last) bear 13 years ago. Figured I'd just donate them to young hunter and let them get the experience.

Shoot straight, shoot often.
Matt

Posts: 1183 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 19 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matt salm:
I keep accruing preference points since I shot my first (and last) bear 13 years ago. Figured I'd just donate them to young hunter and let them get the experience.

With around 13 points you can get a tag in any zone.