BIG MUD HOG
 Login/Join

posted
www.downsouthhunting.com
This is one BIG PIG

posted Hide Post
Mmmmm, gut shot.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Where did you shoot it, down south somewhere?

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Jorge,

See hog story

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
same one huh? Reason I was interested is that my partener up in Maine also has a place in South Carolina where they recently shot(with a bow) a 450 pounder. Came out of the swamp up there in Clarendon County. He has some big ones! jorge

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Perforator
posted Hide Post
That's a big hog to be shooting that far back!!!

Posts: 399 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of x-caliber
posted Hide Post
George I don't believe that's the same hog. I've seen that old photo several times.

I think that this is the story of how the hog was taken. I found it on Greybeard's site...

Big Pig

X

Posts: 867 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 10 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Some farmers herd boar. A Hamp and where did the true posts go?????????????????/

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not that it relates to this particular post but I am aware of two hogs(feral) taken in Florida in the last 7-8 years that weighed over 600# before dressing...if they were dressed at all. Both were boars, the first came off the Latt Maxey property west of Vero Beach, the other not far from Ocala. The first was killed with a .22 Mag, don't know about #2 though. I read of one taken in Georgia about 2-3 years back that was nearly as big, but don't recall the specifics.

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote