Find
Notify
Tools

AR members in AZ?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted
Anybody on here from the Prescott or Flagstaff area? With some of the new gun laws working their way through the California legislature it is looking more and more like Mrs Blacktailer and I will be relocating.
The biggest hurdle at this point is trying to find a place where the weather suits us. Thought the higher elevations in AZ might fit our criteria of very little or no snow and not much more than 90-95 in the summer.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3829 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
How are the real estate prices there?

~Ann

Posts: 19248 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Just about anywhere looks good compared to Cal real estate prices. Of course it depends on what we can live with as far as acreage and hunting opportunities.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3829 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised you would mention Flagstaff as a possibility because it gets about 100 inches of snow on the average each winter in case you aren't aware of that.

one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
We are actually considering the Sedona and Prescott elevations. I only mentioned Flagstaff because it is fairly close to Sedona.
Definitely not going to Phoenix or Tucson. Big Grin

Have gun- Will travel

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I really like Prescott, it is one of the places on my possible retirement spots, but I still have about twenty years to make up my mind.

If local hunting is important I would suggest looking somewhere other than AZ. I was a resident for five years and never drew a single tag, all my hunting was done out of state.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Wifezilla and I are looking at St. George, Utah in the next 10 years. Occasional light snow, not to hot in the summer, reasonable housing prices and taxes. A much better State government.

90 minutes from Las Vegas if you want to go to a big city occasionally.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12602 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
Wifezilla and I are looking at St. George, Utah in the next 10 years. Occasional light snow, not to hot in the summer, reasonable housing prices and taxes. A much better State government.

90 minutes from Las Vegas if you want to go to a big city occasionally.

Thanks I'll check it out. Utah wasn't on our radar because I thought it would be too cold. Wife is from MN originally and won't consider snowy climates.
Alternative is to find someplace out of state to store "bad guns". I'm looking into setting up something in Reno or Las Vegas if we don't move.

Have gun- Will travel