New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR Antelope Hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Sitting in Rawlins, Wyoming having lunch. Will be leaving in a half hour for the 1 hour drive to Medicine Bow to join up with the AR group for our hunt that starts Thusday AM. Weather turning colder and windy for the next few days. Shooting skills will be put to the test.

Larry Sellers

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck to all.

Posts: 344 | Location: Pocatello, Idaho | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go gettum'. Good luck to all!

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck on the hunt. I'll be hunting goats in the same neck of the woods a week from Saturday.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3519 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Who all is on this trip

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck All

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Sellers:
Sitting in Rawlins, Wyoming having lunch. Will be leaving in a half hour for the 1 hour drive to Medicine Bow to join up with the AR group for our hunt that starts Thusday AM. Weather turning colder and windy for the next few days. Shooting skills will be put to the test.

Larry Sellers

Larry, I'm sorry that we didn't get to meet up. I did think of you when it began snowing at 2pm today.

I know that you will have a great hunt but I hope that you don't suffer from attitude sickness in Medicine Bow.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
I hunted that area in 96 and again in 98... beautiful area.. Look on your right as you go up that road to Medicine Bow.. There is a large half "bowl" on your right that opens up toward you and usually has a large herd of goats in or near it.. I remember it being just past a small stream, if you could call it that.. it was only about a foot wide and 6 inches deep..
I have a Carbon County map around here somewhere, if I can find it, I'll see if I can't give you a more accurate description of the area I'm talking about...

I did get a nice 15" Ram in 98 but never had it scroed until this year when the SCI measurer came over to measure up my African stuff... I just made Gold at 70 5/8

If I can find someone with a scanner, I'll post a pic..

We stayed in a beat up old rotted out mouse infested trailer that a friend dragged out there for us.. Drove in to Rip Griffin's every couple days for a shower... one of my best hunting trip memories..

Wish I was going too..

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1980 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We finished up this morning with our hunt. Larry Sellers and Frank Beller were the last to fill there tags.

I'm sure the guys will have hunt reports and photos posted in the next few days.

We had another great hunt with a bunch of great guys!

Tom Kessel
Hiland Outfitters, LLC (BG-082)
Hiland, Wyoming
www.hilandoutfitters.com

Posts: 402 | Location: Central Wyoming | Registered: 14 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of megsdad
posted Hide Post
Frank last to fill his tag, how surprising. Tom missed not being there this year. Glad you had another great AR hunt.

Posts: 104 | Location: so oregon | Registered: 07 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve, we missed you this year also, but I don't know why. Probably because Joyce needed you to be there.

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1587 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just got back home last PM. Great hunt, more later on details. I am sure one of the guys will start this off with a report and pics and the rest of us can all add to it with our own experiences. OK, who is on first??

Larry Sellers
SCI (International) Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Joyce, Sidney & I all had a great time (even though Joyce was a little under the weather). We want to thank Jamie, Don, Jarod, Bill, Andrew, Andy, John, Larry, Joe, Tom & Terry for a very memorable experience. We'll always remember this hunt & think of you all when we do. Also, I got a better antelope than I got last year, thanks to my new Indian guide, "Stand Up To Pee". John & I had a great time with this addition to Tom's staff. May your moccasins never overflow.

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1587 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the advice Frank!

We are stuck in camp getting rain/snow mix.

We want to thank all the AR members for hunting with us!

We are planning on another group hunt next year. Once we get slowed down in a few weeks, I will post the details.
Hope everyone has a great hunting season.

Tom Kessel
Hiland Outfitters, LLC (BG-082)
Hiland, Wyoming
www.hilandoutfitters.com

Posts: 402 | Location: Central Wyoming | Registered: 14 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just to whet the appetite.

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote