Find
Notify
Tools

Something for the Freezer
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
I love my new tractor! The Michigan firearms opener was good to me.

Took this big doe Monday around 5:15 pm after leopard crawling across my back yard. A group of deer was in my woods trying to figure out what I was. Curiosity killed this large doe when she tried to get my wind. She was very unusual with the white stripe on the nose. There is no sign of a prior injury to have caused the coloration.

It is hard to see but she also has prominent bumps on her head where a buck would grow antlers. I will have to look at some of my other doe skulls to see if they have these.

I am considering having a shoulder or pedestal mount done of her.

Posts: 19240 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
I like the Spread on those Ears .

Nice Slick!

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey, until I get a mature buck in front of me I will let the little ones run and fill antlerless tags!

Mature bucks in Michigan are like hen's teeth. RARE!

Posts: 19240 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WyoJoe
posted Hide Post
Way to go Ann. She ought to be some good eating.

Posts: 1172 | Location: Cheyenne, WY | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You shot her while she was riding around in your bucket?? derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Derrrrfffffffffffff!!!!

You crack me up. No, but it would have been more convenient. The Massey saved my back from seriously hard labor though. It's a true blessing to have that thing around the farm. You can see the doe pretty much filled the bucket up!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice deer Ann, That mark on the nose kind of looks like a lightning bolt. Sould make a cool mount.

Posts: 725 | Location: Upstate Rural NY | Registered: 16 July 2004Reply With Quote